Green Gourmet Gardens // Gardens & Services
Green Gourmet Gardens
Gardens, Raised Beds
- Raised beds have warmer soil which makes for a longer season.
- Significantly less weeding then traditional vegetable gardens.
- More plants per square foot.
- Traditional gardens require extensive tilling and good soil is usually wasted because you are walking on it in the rows.
- Traditional garden soil has to be worked to get it just right for growing. With raised beds you are starting with your own great soil mix.
- Raised beds are portable so if you move you can take it with you or if you don’t like where you put it then you can move it.
- They look great and there are many landscaping ideas.
- All raised beds are designed with wind breaks.
- Custom design to fit any size yards or decks-you send the dimensions and the look that you are trying to achieve and we will build it.
A day rarely goes by that we don’t hear some reference to going green, climate change, greenhouse gases, carbon neutral, eco-friendly, environmental footprint, or global warming. At Green Gourmet Gardens we are committed to making a lighter environmental footprint. All our products are made from Cedar. Experts say that wood products actually help to slow Global Warming. There are two ways to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere: either by reducing emissions, or by removing CO2 and storing it: reducing “carbon sources” and increasing “carbon sinks”. Wood has the unique ability to do both. For further information on this topic please contact us and we will send you a few articles from experts in the field.
- Naturally Safe.
- Red cedar is naturally resistant to rot and insects.
- There are no concerns about the nasty chemicals that may leach out of treated wood or railroad ties.
- Strong and Long Lasting.
- Western red cedar is light weight and strong.
The powerful impact that gardening has on the environment is astonishing. By changing a few gardening habits you can help to save water, keep toxic chemicals out of drinking water, reduce fossil fuel consumption and protect healthy ecosystems.
We currently offer a service to our local customers where we will assist with the set-up (delivery of soil) and planting (depending upon the availability of the plants) of your garden on site. Please contact us for further information on this service.
, Raised Beds
Contact Green Gourmet Gardens
Email - none provided
Print this page