Environmental Geophysics, Geophysical Contracting & Consulting, Mineral & Geothermal Exploration
Using a variety of methods, we map the physical properties of earth materials. Our specialities include the following:
- Environmental geophysics
- Borehole geophysics
- Airborne geophysics
- Fracture delineation
- Global positioning systems
- Mineral exploration
- Marine geophysics
- Near surface geophysics
- Geologic mapping
- Water budget analyses
Our techniques have helped clients from private industry, academia, and the government to do the following: Map
- Determine preferential pathways for groundwater and contaminant migration.
- Establish favorable host areas for economic minerals.
- Investigate archaeological sites.
- Locate buried objects, including unexploded ordnance and utilities.
- Detect cavities, voids, and abandoned mineshafts.
- Measure in-situ engineering properties, such as elastic moduli and shear wave velocities.
- Detect the extent of a landfill.
- Determine the level of the water table.
Methods We Employ
- Magnetic surveys
- Gravity surveys
- Transient electromagnetics
- Frequency domain electromagnetics
- Induced polarization
- Borehole techniques
- Seismic reflection/refraction
- Shear wave studies
- Geophysical surveys for geological mapping
- Ground penetrating radar
- Side and vector scanning sonar
- Spontaneous potential