The Garretson Resolution Group has administered and distributed more than $2 billion in gross settlement awards across dozens of settlement programs involving tens of thousands of claimants. At a high level, our claims administration services include:
- Designing the claims administration process;
- Implementing the appropriate claimant-communication protocols;*
- Managing claims, including driving participation rates, processing claims documents, and verifying claims data;
- Managing medical monitoring programs;
- Administering 468B Qualified Settlement Funds (QSFs), including preparing quarterly estimated tax payments for the fund, maintaining accounting records, preparing 1099s for attorneys and claimants, preparing annual tax returns and completing final accounting; and
- Disbursing settlement proceeds.
Because of our experience and knowledge across multiple settlement-related topics, GRG has earned a reputation as a prominent authority in the design and management of settlement programs.
*While GRG has vast experience with claims administration and related issues, you should review all draft documents carefully to ensure they comply with your state’s rules and requirements. Further, GRG is available to review the documents with independent counsel at your firm’s direction.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011