Freightliner Trucks - virtual technician
Less Downtime. More Uptime.
When your check engine light illuminates it's up to you to head to the technician, who then uses sophisticated equipment and valuable time to determine the fault code and diagnose the problem. The delay between the event and service can result in even more damage. With Virtual Technician, the information goes straight to the source the second the fault code is issued.
SCHEDULE ORDERS AND SERVICE IN ADVANCE.
As soon as it happens, your fleet manager or technician knows the issue and can alert the driver accordingly. The service location of your choice is contacted ahead of time so the right parts will there when you are and a skilled technician will be ready to roll. This means reduced on-site diagnostic and repair time.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
With reduced diagnostic time, faster identification of emerging issues, elimination of repeat service visits and an excellent service experience by the customer, Virtual Technician is another example of how Freightliner helps your fleet run smarter.
- V2J™ High-Definition GPS System
- Ground Traffic Control GTC (Optional web-based Application)
- Reduces downtime
- HD-GPS and Ground Traffic Control system monitors and records informationÑvehicle stops, speeds, routes traveled, mileage by state, excessive idlingÑto help you manage your business
- Delivers vehicle diagnostics and fault codes as they occur
- Real-time reporting and advanced repair scheduling and parts ordering means no more maintenance delays
- Captures longitude, latitude, time and odometer data
- Provides data on vehicle stops, speeds, routes traveled, excessive idling and on-board events