Family Services Eap - Kingston
Stress Management, Consultation Services
We understand the impact of trauma caused by violence, accidents, death, injury, illness and suicide on workplaces and employees. We also recognize that there are different levels and approaches to responding to traumatic incidents. FSEAP - Kingston offers a range of Trauma Response and Critical Incident Stress Management Services, to help employees learn effective coping skills and build resilience to deal with stressful events. When crisis occurs in the workplace, we work with both individuals and groups to facilitate the healing that is required following these events. Our structure and efficient response process allows us to place trained Counsellors on-site quickly following a call for service. Significantly, even our competitors use us to assist them in these situations because of the size, breadth and experience of our Crisis Response Team.
Interventions to address stress and trauma include the following:
- 24-Hour telephone direct access to Master’s Level Counsellors for Crisis Management and Emergency Response. Counsellors offer immediate support by phone and, if required, dispatch On-Site Response Services
- Highly trained Mental Health Professionals on-site wherever they are required - as quickly as same day
- Professional Counselling Services for individuals, groups of employees and families who self identify as having difficulty with stressful events
- Workplace Training for supervisors, managers, union representatives and other key personnel on the impact of stress and trauma on employees and how to support them
- Education and Life-Skills Development seminars for employees at all levels
- Consultation services to assist organizations with the development and
implementation of protocols and procedures for responding to critical incidents We are experienced in assisting organizations to establish internal resources to facilitate peer-to-peer interventions and support. For example, we have worked with organizations to develop a unique “Peer Defuser Team” model and training program. This model uses employees as the first responders to emergency incidents in the workplace. The program includes an initial assessment of employee sensitivity and abilities, followed by comprehensive training with periodic performance evaluations and refresher sessions.
FSEAP has also worked extensively with organizations in the areas of Critical Incident Stress Management and disaster planning, including The City of Kingston, The City of Toronto and The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA). We have developed expertise in the particular issues facing emergency personnel and helping professionals when Critical Incidents occur. We have designed and facilitated a range of training programs and materials for various employee groups on Post-Traumatic Stress, Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma.
, Stress Management