The Eye Foundation of Canada is focused on improving patient care through research. The Eye Foundation of Canada has sponsored a number of clinical studies in cataract surgery and corneal transplantation and will continue to support research grants from all areas in the field of ophthalmology.
The Eye Foundation of Canada will consider grant proposals up to $10,000. Please see guidelines below if you are interested in applying.
Grant proposals submitted to the Eye Foundation of Canada should not exceed 2 pages in length and should provide the following minimum information.
- A statement of purpose and scope of the project. A brief one or two sentence, general explanation in plain English is requested preceding a detailed technical and scientific explanation.
- The location of where the study will be performed.
- The expected outcome of the project and the criteria to measure its success.
- Who will carry out the project and his or her academic and other qualifications?
- Intention to publish (and which Journal(s)) and/or present at academic meetings (which).
- Approximate start and completion dates of the project. (24 month suggested maximum).
- An estimated project budget broken down by category. (should not exceed $10,000).Additionally,
- It is quite reasonable to attach supporting documents (papers, detailed study design, etc.) that will help us make our decision.
- Proposals must be received no later than March 1st annually.
- Granting decisions will be no later than April 15th anually.
Please send your proposal(s) to:
Grant Proposals, Medical Advisory Committee
Eye Foundation of Canada
2115 Finch Avenue West, Suite 314
Toronto, Ontario M3N 2V6
or via our online form, located below.