Excel Auto Care is a certified vehicle inspection facility. The Vehicle Inspection Program in British Columbia is a privately-delivered mandatory program which is monitored and regulated by government through various Acts & Regulations and the Vehicle Inspection Manual (Standards of Safety and Repair).
Mandatory inspections apply to the following vehicles:
- Commercial Vehicles with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 8,200 kg
- Commercial Trailers
- Private vehicles previously registered outside of BC
- Vehicles operating under the authority of the Passenger Transportation Act (limousine, bus, taxi)
- Emergency vehicles with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 8,200 kg
- Industrial machines (X-plated) with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 17,300 kg
- Farm Vehicles
- Farm vehicles with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 17,300 kg
- School Buses
- Vehicles issued a Notice and Order for Inspection
Inspections conducted in British Columbia are recognized in jurisdictions across Canada and some jurisdictions outside of Canada.
The inspections are performed by mechanics authorized by Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) as Authorized Inspectors (AIs) at Designated Inspection Facilities (DIFs),
and at Preventative Maintenance facilities for large fleets. Audits are performed on both AIs and DIFs by CVSE Vehicle Inspectors to monitor compliance of the applicable standards and regulations.