The cardiothoracic surgeons of Emory University Hospital Midtown are recognized worldwide as leaders in the field. Our surgeons are responsible for some of today's most advanced procedures and innovations. Surgeons from our team have pioneered revolutionary procedures such as complex coronary revascularization, repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms and off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. We also perform heart valve repair and endoscopic techniques for cardiac bypass surgery.
We work with The Carlyle Fraser Heart Center, a nationally known research facility at Emory University Hospital Midtown, which coordinates clinical and laboratory research activities. The research team has made major contributions to the current practice of cardiac surgery by devising methods of protecting the heart during open heart surgery and refining and testing a method for prevention of calcification of bio-prosthetic heart valves.
The procedures our cardiothoracic surgeons perform include but are not restricted to:
- Mitral valve repair
- Revascularization of acute myocardial infarction
- Resection of thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aneurysms
- Staged treatment of hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Early complete repair of complex intracardiac lesions
- Implantation of prosthetic devices
- Tracheal surgery
- Lung-volume reduction surgery
- Colon interposition for esophageal replacement
- Resection of advanced pulmonary malignancies
- Extrapleural pneumonectomy for mesothelioma
For more information on Emory University Hospital Midtown Cardiothoracic Surgery services or physicians, please call 404-778-2000.