Ellerslie Dental Clinic | Dr. Navjot Sodhi - solutions
Ellerslie Dental Clinic
teeth, Dental clinic, Sedation
At Ellerslie Dental Clinic we are equipped with the latest technology. A successful root canal treatment lets you keep the tooth rather than having to pull it out. Keeping your tooth helps to prevent your other teeth from drifting and causing jaw problems. Saving a natural tooth avoids having to replace it with an artificial tooth.
You and Dr. Sodhi may determine that you need a tooth extraction for any number of reasons. Some teeth are extracted because they are severly decayed; others may have advanced periodontal disease, or have broken in a way that cannot be repaired. Other teeth may need removal because they are poorly positioned in the mouth (such as impacted teeth), or in preparation for orthodontic treatment. Dr. Sodhi performs extractions including the removal of wisdom teeth. IV Sedation is available if you are nervous or apprehensive for any treatment.
Sedation dentistry enables patients to undergo any dental treatment while feeling relaxed at ease. Intravenous sedation is the administration of tranquiler medication to the patient. Suitable for the majority of patients, I.V. Sedation enables even the most anxious of people to undergo dental treatment.
During I.V. Sedation, your comfort and safety is our primary concern. The sedatives administered create strong feelings of relaxation and comfort. During your dental treatment you will not experience any pain or discomfort. When you awaken, you will have little or no memory of the treatment.
Prior to undergoing I.V. Sedation, a consent form and a medical history form must be completed by a physician. Some medical conditions do eliminate the possibility of I.V. Sedation. You will also need a companion to accompany you to and from the practice on the day of treatment.
Sedation Dentistry may be helpful for patients who:
- hate needles or shots
- hate the noises, smells or tastes associated with dental care
- are afraid
- have a strong gag reflex
- require extensive dental treatment
- have sensitive teeth
- have had a previous negative dentqal experience
- have a difficulty acheiving numb sensation
For more information or to book an appointment, call Ellerslie Dental Clinc at 780-485-0650.
Invisalign is a form of orthodontic treatment for the correction of tooth alignment. Treatment consists of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with the exact calculations needed to gradually shift your teeth into place. Since the trays are clear and removable, Invisalign is the best way to transform your smile without interfering with your day to day life.
Simply by wearing these trays corrections can be made to crowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, crossbites, overbites and underbites. By attending an initial consultation, the dentist will be able to tell if Invisalign is an option for you.
- It's easy to see that a straight, well-aligned smile looks great, but that kind of smile often means it's also a healthy smile.
- Healthier Gums – Clinical studies have shown that when teeth are properly aligned it helps the gums fit tighter aroudn the teeth, which can lead to better periodontal health.
- Easier Cleanings – Invisalign's best qualities are that it uses no metal bands, brackets or wires that can trap food and plaque like traditional braces do. This can reduce the amount of plaque build-up, tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Improved chewing and Speech – When you leave incorrectly positioned teeth and jaws untreated, it can lead to speech difficulties and uncomfortable chewing issues.
- Maintain Comfort and Tooth Structure – Misaligned teeth and jaws can result in abnormal stress which can cause pain to supporting bone and jaw joints. These issues can also cause abnormal wear on your teeth, which can then trigger continued problems in the future.
, iv sedation