Prerequisite: 18yrs +
Duration: 40 hours / 5 Days
Instructor:Certified ABST Instructor (Accredited by Alberta Solicitor General Department of Justice)
Completion:100% attendance, 85% min. passing grade at written exam
Certification:Accredited Completion (Certification) in ABST
The ABST Course consists of seven (7) specific Modules instructed in a Classroom environment over a period of forty (40) hours. At the completion of the ABST Course, participants will have a working knowledge of the Security Industry and will be able to do the following.
- Describe the specific roles and responsibilities of a Security Professional.
- Explain Federal and Provincial Legislation and Regulations in relation to the work of a Security Professional
- List and describe the knowledge and skill sets required to perform Basic Security Patrol duties.
- Understand and apply a professional and effective style of communication in order to manage and control incidents.
- Demonstrate exceptional proficiencies and accuracy in note-taking and Security Report Writing.
- Understand and articulate the process of managing an Emergency Incident / Emergency Response
- Maintain personal and professional safety and well being while working as a Security Professional.
The outcome for this program is intended to instill course participants with knowledge and skill sets in the following areas:
- Introduction to the Professional Security Industry.
- The Canadian Legal System and Security Professionals.
- Basic Security Procedures.
- Communication for Security Professionals.
- Documentation and Evidence.
- Emergency Response Procedures for Security Professionals.
- Health and Safety for Security Professionals
- Basic Security Training Manual