We really had a blast at the picnic, with around 30 folks and more food then we knew what to do with! The weather was amazing (who would have thought a mid-80′s day in July!)
Folks begin to arrive (and some are looking hungry!)
Sweet Corn Soak http://www.eastrichmondbees.org/wp-content/uploads/slideshow-gallery/DSC_0652.JPG
Soaking the sweet corn for grill prep
Honey Bee Queens
Kenny brought some honey bee queens to the picnic
Food Prep Begins
The Weavers Stoke up the Grill
More Folks Arrive
Lots of bee talk – some stomach grumbling (where is the food?!)
Corn Hits the Grill First
Sweet corn on the grill
Hot dogs up next
Hot dogs follow the corn!
Pure Local Honey
Kenny Andrews brought some of his recently harvested honey
A Huge Feast
The food display was incredible!
Heather Grabs Some Corn
Barbara and Tina
The Secretary and VP keep things organized!
A Tolerant Wife and new Beekeeper!
Heather and Ann Katherine enjoy the show
James relaxes after stuffing himself
tid(‘slideshow’).style.display = “none”;
tid(‘slideshow-wrapper’).style.display = ‘block’;
tid(‘slideshow-wrapper’).style.visibility = ‘hidden’;
* issue #2: Bugfix for WebKit. Safari and similar browsers aren’t capable to handle jQuery.ready() right. The problem
* here was, that sometimes the event was fired (if js is not available in browsers cache) too early, so that not all
* pictures were displayed in the thumbnail bar. I added a timeout to give the browser time to load the pictures.
* During that time I found it nice to display a spinner icon to give the visitor a hint that “somethings going on there”.
* For this to display correctly I’ve added some lines to the css file too.
// append the spinner
tid(‘spinner’).style.visibility = ‘visible’;
var slideshow = new TINY.slideshow(“slideshow”);
// set a timeout before launching the slideshow
slideshow.auto = true; slideshow.speed = 6;
slideshow.imgSpeed = 6;
slideshow.navOpacity = 25;
slideshow.navHover = 70;
slideshow.letterbox = “#000000″;
slideshow.linkclass = “linkhover”;
slideshow.info = “information”;
slideshow.infoSpeed = 10;
slideshow.thumbs = “”;
slideshow.thumbOpacity = 70;
slideshow.left = “slideleft”;
slideshow.right = “slideright”;
slideshow.scrollSpeed = 5;
slideshow.spacing = 5;
slideshow.active = “#FFFFFF”;
slideshow.imagesthickbox = “false”;
tid(‘slideshow-wrapper’).style.visibility = ‘visible’;