The DMS Time Collection Module (TCM) for NAV (Classic client and RTC) is a comprehensive, integrated solution for time capture, time and attendance, and job costing for both salaried and hourly employees.
The Shop Floor Time Collection Module integrates directly with production, service, and payroll systems to track progress on jobs from the shop floor in real time and to reduce the effort required to manage a large workforce. The primary features and benefits of the TCM are:
- Bar-coded production orders to speed shop floor time collection while simultaneously reducing entry errors;
- Real-time reporting to evaluate job progression and costing - see employee names and time on production orders;
- Ability to capture rework and asset maintenance improves visibility into often neglected cost areas;
- Intuitive user interface for the shop floor (emulates the look and feel of a paper time card) to speed adoption, reduce training, and reduce entry time and errors;
- Consistent user interface for office/salaried personnel to simplify tracking of non-shop time and attendance;
- Flexible organization hierarchy to allow for multi-level approvals of time;
- Collaboration tools allow the payroll department to communicate time card issues directly to responsible personnel;
- Simple and efficient tools for reviewing time entries and finding anomalies to reduce amount of time validating payroll;
- Configurable work types, payroll codes, project types, and shift patterns adapt to all potential workforce configurations;
- Customizable payroll rules for calculating overtime significantly reduce the effort required to validate payroll; and
- Integration with internal or external payroll systems eliminates manual double-entry to ensure accurate payroll processing.
NAV Time Collection Role Center for payroll or HR.
Shop floor time collection interface - designed to look and feel like hand-written time cards to simplify data entry and make users more comfortable.
Lead hand/foreman time card approval interface, highlighting errors and exceptions. Approvers can add comments to time cards to communicate special instructions or overrides to payroll/HR.
Time card screen for office/salary employees. For example, engineering users may already have access to NAV, and can therefore use the built-in interface to track time instead of the shop floor interface. Also useful for pre-allocating vacation time or logging sick time for office personnel.
Application of payroll rules - automatically calculate overtime, union rules, workshare, etc. This eliminates a large percentage of the time required for payroll to review and process employee hours.