"Chimney Experts to the White House"
We are a full service company serving Montgomery County, Maryland and surrounding counties to upper northwest Washington DC since 1980.
We've done several chimney projects at the White House and for other high profile residential and commercial buildings in the area. With many years of experience and a vast variety of chimney services, we hope you'll call on us for all your local chimney service needs.
- We offer masonry repair and new construction with brick and stone.
- We rebuild or repair all types of masonry chimneys that are damaged by either old age, lightning or fire. Careful attention is paid to match your existing brickwork and mortar to ensure a uniform look.
- We build new chimneys and fireplaces.
- We design and build Rumford style fireplaces in new or existing fireplaces to increase heat output efficiency and to solve smoking problems.
- We solve water penetration problems and guarantee results.
- We install new mantels, hearths and fireplace surrounds.
- We rebuild and/or repair fireboxes and smoke chambers.
- We offer tear-out and installation of prefabricated fireplace systems.
Lining and Chimney Restoration
We use a U.L. listed cast in place masonry or a Flexible stainless steel lining system for Oil, Gas, Propane or wood heating equipment. Chimney lining can increase appliance efficiency, prevent early deterioration of the flue liner. Highly recommended for masonry chimneys that have had a new furnace, boiler or hot water heater installed since 1992.
Chimney Sweeping and Inspections
We use a powerful vacuum that prevents any soot, dust or debris from entering your home atmosphere during our thorough Chimney Cleaning process, actually preventing the soot and dust from leaving the firebox. All of our equipment is designed by sweeps for containing this particular type of debris. We lay clean drop cloths in front of your appliance to protect your flooring and hearth. Brushes are typed and sized to fit your chimney flue's materials and dimensions exactly for the best possible effect on soot removal. Every chimney and appliance serviced receives a Level 1 inspection of all visible areas. We check for proper clearances (in visible areas) on stoves, smoke pipe, inserts and prefab chimneys.
Closed Circuit Internal Chimney and Venting System Evaluations
In a Level 2 chimney inspection, we may use our color closed circuit video camera to provide you with visual documentation of the inside of your chimney flue. This camera can find any damage, deterioration, and cracks, missing mortar joints, broken tiles, blockage or any other problem area in your flue. We can provide you and/or your Insurer with a written report with pictures for any Insurance requirements or claims.
Gas Appliances for Fireplaces in Historic Homes
Many historic homes feature small fireplaces that are shallow in depth, narrow in width, and vent to unlined chimneys. We offer a large variety of gas coal effect fires that are perfect for use in these historic homes. We are historic restoration specialists and can help you choose the perfect appliance for your home, design its venting system and perform the complete installation for you.
If you need greater heating efficiency or have venting design challenges, call on us to help repair or design your fireplace system for optimum performance. We also install a huge variety of mantels in wood, marble and cast iron. See them all!
Need more information? Just give us a call,