What is a Phone Consultation?
Phone consultations are offered as a convenience to established patients in 15 or 30 minute increments. Phone consultations are useful for answering general health questions for persons who are not established with our clinic too. A consultation includes time for us to document the phone call and issues discussed.
A phone consultation with Kara Diersing Clapp, PhD, NP-c, a certified Family Nurse Practitioner, is based on your unique medical history and is tailored especially for you and your needs. The consultation can help you in several ways:
- If you have symptoms you are concerned about, but aren't certain which type of treatment would be best (emergency room, urgent care, office setting)? You can ask for "symptom triage" consult to help you decide where to go and who to see.
- Do you need help deciding if a nutritional supplement is okay to use or what drug interactions may be present?
- Do you have general health questions that you never have time to ask or forgot to ask your regular physician/NP/PA during an office visit?
- Do you wonder about what research studies say about a particular health concern you have?
- New in town and just don't know where to start in building your medical and health network again?
Scheduling a Phone Consultation
Whether you are an established patient of our clinic or not, scheduling a phone consultation is fast and easy.
One Easy Step for Established Clinic Patients!
- Use our online appointment book to purchase a phone consultation slot using your MC/Visa/Discover/debit card or a pre-paid service card from Doctor Kara PC.
Two Easy Steps for Anyone Who is Not an Established Clinic Patient!
- Complete and return to our clinic a basic medical form and consent form.
- No computer access? You can request the forms to be mailed to you. Call 801-495-9303. We will call you to schedule a consultation once the completed forms are received.
- Visit the online schedule and select a consultation time that is convenient for you.
- We also have pre-paid service cards from our clinic. Service cards can hold any amount greater than $25.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011