St. Louis and surrounding area homeowners have relied on Craig Heating and Cooling for furnace replacements for a reason. We carry top-of-the-line home heating products and outfit homes with appropriately sized furnaces to better curb heat loss and keep you and your family warm in the winter.
Craig Heating and Cooling is proud to offer Ruud gas and oil furnaces to its customers.
When comparing gas furnaces, it is important to understand AFUE ratings. Short for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, the AFUE rating is used to express the efficiency of a gas furnace. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the unit.
Federal law mandates that all residential furnaces manufactured after January 1992 operate with an AFUE of at least 78%. Furnaces built before 1992 operate at around 60%.
Ruud's line of gas furnaces are distinguished further by the following:
The Value Series of Ruud heating and cooling solutions is perfect for any cost-conscious consumer. Feel confident that your investment brings high efficiency heating and cooling, combined with Ruud's proven quality.
- Direct Spark Ignition and Remote Sensor - The direct spark ignition is an efficient method of gas ignition while the remote sensor monitors the flame.
- Furnace Control - This solid state integrated furnace control is the “brain” of this dependable furnace controlling the blower and inducer motors for heating capacity and efficiency.
- Patented Heat Exchanger - Extremely compact, the heat exchanger provides a faster, more efficient transfer of heat. The aluminized and stainless steel construction is so reliable its backed with a 20-year limited warranty.
- Induced Draft Blower - It works specifically with the heat exchanger. The blower pulls hot combustion gases through the exchanger and vents them outdoors.
- In-Shot Burners - Regulates the air/gas mixture.
- Blower Motor - An easy slide out blower motor for easy access. The blower quietly circulates air around the heat exchanger, where it's heated to comfortably warm your home.
Value Line Series
- Integrated Furnace Control - Integrated control board manages all operational functions and provides accessory hookups for an electronic air cleaner.
- Draft Inducer - Quietly provides air for combustion while venting the products of combustion from the heat exchanger outdoors.
- Direct Spark Ignition & Remote Sensor - The direct spark ignition is an efficient method of gas ignition while the remote sensor monitors the flame.
- In-Shot Burners - Regulates the air/gas mixture.
- Blower Motor - An easy slide out blower motor for easy access. The blower quietly circulates air around the heat exchanger, where its heated to comfortably warm your home.
- Primary and Secondary Exchanger - Provides reliable and efficient comfort to your home by delivering heat quickly and evenly by extracting additional heat which is lost by less efficient furnaces.
A variety of enhancements available in the Achiever Series ensures that your Ruud system will stand the test of time and protect your unit from extreme conditions.
- Two stages of operation to save energy and maintain optimal comfort level.
- Furnace operates at 70% capacity for low-heat and 100% capacity for high-heat
- Compatible with single or two-stage thermostat. (For optimal performance a two-stage thermostat is recommended.)
- Heat exchanger is constructed of all stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance and thermal fatigue reliability. Low-profile, “34-inch” design is lighter and easier to handle and leaves room for optional accessories
- Left or right side gas, electric, and condensate drainage connections
- Integrated control board manages all operational functions and provides hookups for humidifier and electronic air cleaner
- An insulated blower compartment, a slow-opening gas valve and a specially designed inducer system make it one of the quietest furnaces on the market today
- Variable speed blower motor technology provides ultimate humidity control, quieter sound levels and year-round energy savings
- Optional indoor or outdoor combustion air. In addition, combustion air may be piped to either the top or side of the cabinet on all downflow models. A special molded fitting is provided to ease installation
- Control board diagnostics
For superior performance, durability, efficiency, and comfort, choose from one our state-of-the-art Ruud models in the Ultra Series. These heating and cooling solutions provide advanced system controls and diagnostics to ensure top-notch performance.
- The Comfort Control² System™ provides over 28 on-board diagnostics and fault history codes by detecting system and electrical problems. “Call for Service” alert notification is sent to the thermostat to alert the homeowner of required service
- Serial Communication Enhanced – When installed with a Serial Communicating Condensing Unit and user interface control (RHC-TST550CMMS) 500 Series thermostat this unit offers 4 or 2 wire installation, auto-configuration, and diagnostic messaging with full communicating capability
- Modulating Function: when used with a modulating or communicating thermostat, modulation rate between 40% and 100% of total capacity
- Two-stage Function: when used with a two-stage thermostat, furnace operates at 40% on first stage, and stages up to 65%, then 100% for second stage
- Multistage Function: when used with a single-stage thermostat, furnace functions as a three stage furnace operating at 40%, 65% and 100% of total capacity
- Reduced firing rates, electrically efficient ECM2+ motor, and solid doors provide the ultimate in quiet operation
- Low speed constant fan
- Constant temperature rise for superior comfort
- Seven segment LED for system diagnostics
- Diagnostic history for troubleshooting
- Direct spark ignition with remote sense
- Optional indoor or outdoor combustion air.
For information on the company's full line of gas furnaces, visit
Ruud's oil furnaces are manufactured for installation in properly ventilated utility rooms, closets or alcoves and include:
- Direct Drive blower assemblies for heating and air conditioning applications
- Front cleanout ports extend through front wall for accessibility
- Efficiencies up to 85.9%
- Standard Honeywell controls
For a more detailed breakdown of the company's oil furnaces, visit