Craig Heating and Cooling sells and installs the full range of Ruud air conditioners and heat pumps – including split-system and self-contained units, and our experts are here to help you determine which cooling system best meets the unique needs of your home.
All air conditioners are evaluated according to federal energy-efficiency standards and assigned a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating). A higher SEER corresponds with a more efficient unit. Ruud air conditioners for residential purposes range from 13 SEER to 18 SEER, and higher-efficiency units cost more. Many of them are ENERGYSTAR® certified, and all fall under the "Value", "Achiever" or "Ultra" series. Among the distinguishing characteristics are:
The Value Series of Ruud heating and cooling solutions is perfect for any cost-conscious consumer. Feel confident that your investment brings high efficiency heating and cooling, combined with Ruud's proven quality.
- Cabinet Options – Choose between a painted louvered steel cabinet or mesh wrap.
- Fan Motor Mount – The motor mount extends the service life of the fan and motor while reducing sound and vibration. Air is discharged upward away from bushes and shrubs. The discharge pattern of the top grille provides minimum air restriction, resulting in quiet fan operation.
- Base Pan – The base pan encourages drainage of condensation while reducing corrosion.
- Easy Service Access – All controls are accessible by removing one service panel. Removable top grille provides access to the condenser fan motor, compressor and condenser coil.
A variety of enhancements available in the Achiever Series ensures that your Ruud system will stand the test of time and protect your unit from extreme conditions.
- Scroll Compressor - The most expensive component of any condensing unit is the compressor. Ruud installs Copeland® Compliant Scroll® Compressors throughout its entire residential air conditioning line for proven dependability, efficiency, and sound reduction.
- Wraparound Cabinet - Ruud air conditioning units are constructed with a powder-coat paint finish and galvanized steel cabinet to protect the condensing coil fins from yard hazards, extreme weather, and corrosion.
- Base Pan - The entire Ruud air conditioning line uses a sturdy, one-piece drawn and painted base pan. This pan elevates the coil off the pad, helping minimize corrosion while reducing sound and vibration.
- Pressure Controls - Ruud installs high and low pressure controls on high-efficiency models (options on standard-efficiency models) to protect the scroll compressor from pressure extremes.
- Outdoor Coil - Ruud air conditioning units use an innovative wraparound outdoor coil constructed of copper tubing and aluminum fins. This design allows improved airflow transfer and helps reduce energy consumption.
- Easy-Access Panel - Servicing your Ruud air conditioning unit is easy thanks to the single "easy access" panel. A service technician can easily remove this panel for access to the compressor and control box.
For superior performance, durability, efficiency, and comfort, choose from one our state-of-the-art Ruud models in the Ultra Series. These heating and cooling solutions provide advanced system controls and diagnostics to ensure top-notch performance.
- Comfort Control System with:
- On-Board Diagnostics. The Ruud exclusive 7-Segment LED Display on the control board quickly and accurately shows your contractor the source of system malfunctions. This feature aids the contractor in servicing or repairing your unit, saving you time and money.
- Fault Recall - Even if there is a power failure, this feature will retain the system's “operation history” and will display it on the control board for quick and easy viewing during service calls.
- Active Protection - The feature monitors your system to prevent the compressor from operating when potentially harmful conditions are detected.
- Increased Dependability - The thermostat communication capability can alert you to any necessary service requirements, giving you peace of mind that your home comfort is guaranteed.
- Heart & Scroll - The heart of your condensing unit is the compressor. That's why every Ruud unit features a Copeland® Scroll® Compressor, widely recognized as the industry leader for performance and durability.
- Humidity Control - When matched with a Prestige Series Air Handler, the system adjusts airflow to help control humidity for unsurpassed comfort in the cooling mode.
- Durable Cabinet - Our galvanized steel cabinet protects your Ruud unit from the elements, helping reduce maintenance expense.
- Low Corrosion and Sound - A special base pan elevates the unit off the pad and away from corrosive condensation. More quiet performance and lower vibration levels also result.
- Fan-tastic -Our motor mount prevents damage to your fan motor, extending its service life and providing quiet operation and improved efficiency.
Another option for cooling your home, heat pumps can move heat either in or out of the home thanks to a reversing valve that allows for the changing of the flow direction of refrigerant. In cooling mode, the outdoor coil functions as a condenser; in heating mode, it operates as the evaporator.