Smalltalk Professional Debug Package Version 2.5
Object Technology, Professional Debug Package,
Smalltalk Professional Debug Package Description
VisualWorks is a trademark of Cincom Systems, Inc.
- Breakpoints and watchpoints
- Will not change source code.
- Are not recorded in changes file or ENVY library.
- Will not create an ENVY scratch edition.
- Can be conditionally activated.
- Can reference method temporaries and object instance variables.
- Can have global and local debug variables.
- Are implemented as message sends to probe objects.
- Insertion of breakpoint or watchpoint does not restart method.
- Temporary breakpoints and watchpoints.
- Skip-to-caret into or out of full blocks.
- New commands
- Jump-to-caret - jumps over code.
- Next iteration - continues execution in debugger until breakpoint occurs or context returns.
- Re-enter - re-enters the method or block.
- Return - exits the method or block.
- Select home context - searches the send stack and selects the home context of the selected block context.
- Improved button bar - uses icons, additional commands, & button help.
- Stack inspector - shows intermediate stack values.
- Process faithful debugging for all VW versions.
- Browser enhancements
- Inspector improvements
- Copy field object to clipboard.
- Paste clipboard object to field.
- Compare field object with clipboard.
- Find pointers to field object.
- Find reference path to field object.
- Emergency Evaluator improvements
- Useful commands are listed in window.
- New commands
- Open debugger on hung process.
- Dump send stacks of runnable processes.
- Restart the UI process.
ENVY and ENVY/Developer are trademarks of Object Technology International, Inc.
, Professional Debug Package