Social media marketing is a term that describes use of social networks, online communities, blogs, wikis or any other online collaborative media for marketing, sales, public relations and customer service. Common social media marketing tools include Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, Wikipedia and YouTube.
Social media marketing ultimately means many things to many people:
- social bookmarking (eg. Delicious, Google Bookmarks)
- social news (eg. Digg, Reddit)
- social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- social tagging (eg. StumbleUpon)
- social answers and collaboration type sites (Yahoo Answers, Wikipedia) to help expose the masses to great content on client sites.
- micro blogging (Twitter, Tumblr)
The benefits of using social media marketing are many:
- it creates awareness of great content
- it increases traffic, RSS subscriptions and more to a site
- it builds the authority of the content publisher
- it helps develop a network of similar interest individuals
- it ultimately builds links, which leads to improved search engine positioning.
Social media marketing is a multi-step endeavor that involves a lot of research and creative thinking. We go all the way from the initial social strategy, selecting proper social media channels for you and to managing your social identity on the web. At that we also do tracking and measuring so as to see what channels have the most impact on your bottom line.
Depending on your business we work with different social media channels: twitter, facebook, linkedin, myspace, stumbleupon, digg, google news, youtube, flickr, niche and professional forums.