CDI’s Advanced Skills Foundation Program is based on the 11 core coaching competencies developed by the International Coach Federation (ICF) to foster greater understanding about the skills and approaches required within today’s coaching profession. The CDI program focuses on coaching these core competencies through two comprehensive training courses:
- CDI Skill Development Training - for HR professionals, coaches, facilitators and corporate trainers who want to become more grounded in the art and science of coaching.
- CDI Train-the-Trainer - for coaches, instructors, facilitators and corporate trainers who would like to expand your service offering, and/or who would like to integrate coaching skills into your training, leadership program, or work. It will also prepare you to become licensed to deliver the CDI Advanced Skills Foundation Program.
Each of the competencies is explored in segments where you will:
- Discuss theory and the requirements of the ICF
- Observe a demonstration of the competency
- Practice the skill
- Receive feedback via three-way coaching (coach, client, observer)
- Reflect on what was learned and how you can apply it to your work.
Exercises, practice and concept discussions are organized according to adult education principles to deepen and accelerate your learning.
We believe that all learning stems from integrating personal experience. We therefore encourage participants to be fully present and willing to explore your own experiences with the intention of transferring the learning directly to your work. We also support you as you open yourself up to new possibilities.
to read what participants have said…
This training will enable you to mentor and coach with confidence and credibility. Through it you will:
- More fully understand, integrate and apply coaching competencies in your work
- Equip yourself to support the development of leaders and high-potential learners
- Leverage your existing strengths as you acquire and demonstrate new skills
- Prepare for your ICF, PCC or MCC designations if you are already a coach.
During the three day session you will actively focus on skills practice. This will enable you to mentor and coach with the confidence and credibility that comes from practice and an understanding of the learning experience. We will also facilitate peer support feedback using a coaching approach.
Fee: $1,500 + GST (3 full days) When you register, you will receive:
- Three days of experience-based, hands-on training that will permit you to solidify your current skill set , integrate the learning at new levels, and as a result demonstrate skill proficiency
- A comprehensive Participant Workbook
- In –class resource materials.
- Instructional feedback and support by ICF, MCC and PCC certified professional coaches
- A formal evaluation of your coaching abilities and areas for improvement
- 19.5 ICF - Continuing Coach Education Credits (CCEs) in the area of Core Competencies
, MCC, PMC
, PCC, PMC
if you would like us to contact you when the next three day session has been scheduled.
This course is being offered as a three day Skill Development Training Program on January 18-20, 2012.
This training is focused on preparing you to:
- Deepen your own understanding, integration and application of International Coach Federation (ICF) Coaching Core Competencies
- Facilitate The CDI Advanced Skills Foundation Program Skill Development Training for groups.
Program participants will simulate delivery of mini lessons from the Skill Development Training. In addition, three follow-up TeleClasses will support your practice and business development. We will explore new questions that arise for participants, answer questions about client application and continue to deepen your understanding of the competencies.
Fee: $1500 +GST (3 full days, followed by 3 TeleClasses). When you register, you will receive:
- Three days of experience-based, hands-on training which permit you to actively focus on skills practice and design your own program.
- A comprehensive Facilitator’s Manual
- A Participant Workbook
- A set of exercise cards on Ethics and Standards.
- Instructional feedback and support by ICF, MCC and PCC certified professional coaches.
- A formal evaluation of your training abilities.
- Experience delivering two mini lessons.
- Information on how to integrate the CDI Advanced Skills Foundation Program (Skill Development Training) into an organization’s existing training initiative.
- Three bi-monthly follow-up TeleClasses to provide you with additional support.
- The opportunity to purchase a license to lead this program**.
- An opportunity to purchase Participant Workbooks at a reduced rate.
*Ongoing mentor coaching beyond the support mentioned above is available for a supplement.
** This license can be purchased for a one-time fee of $1500 valid for two years. After two years, you will be required to participate in a refresher program to renew your license and to keep current with International Coach Federation (ICF) requirements.
, MCC, PMC
, PCC, PMC
if you would like us to contact you when the Train the Trainer session has been scheduled.