CIPA offers four classifications of membership:
1. Regular Members: Authors, independent and self-publishers, potential authors/self-publishers, and individuals who support independent publishing but who do not provide directly related services to other authors or publishers.
Regular Member Dues: A person who meets the “Regular” criteria acting as an individual. (*Renewing Annual Dues beginning on July 1, 2011 are $50.)
Regular Family/Group: Beginning on July 1, 2011, there will no longer be a category of "Regular Family/Group" membership.
2. Associate Members: Individuals or companies who support the purpose of CIPA and who desire to directly offer products and services to other members. Companies may designate one individual per membership. Additional company designees will be accepted at Regular Member dues rates each and will retain Associate Member benefits.
Associate Member Dues: Companies may designate one lead individual per membership. (*Renewing Annual Dues beginning on July 1, 2011 are $100.)
Associate Designee Dues: After an Associate Membership has been paid and a lead individual has been identified for the company, additional company designees will be accepted at Regular Member dues rates each and will retain Associate Member benefits. This membership classification was formerly referred to as Associate Group Membership. (*Renewing Annual Dues are $50 for each designee.)
3. Student Members: Full-time students in grades K-12 and college undergraduates. (*Annual Dues are $25.)
4. Affiliate Members: An individual or organization desiring access to CIPA resources with minimal active local participation including libraries, bookstores, out of state residents, etc. (**Annual Dues are $55.)
Dues Year and Administrative Fees
CIPA’s dues year is from October 1 through the following September 30. Members joining after July 1, 2011 and paying the new dues will be given membership credit from the date joined to September 2012.
The majority of programs and events take place from September 1 through the following June 30, with the months of July and August usually reserved for one seminar, an informal BBQ and other unofficial events.
* Annual dues for Regular, Associate, and Student membership classifications are due each October 1. Beginning on July 1, 2011, there is a one-time administrative fee of $10 for new Regular and Associate members. (This is a reduction from $25 in previous years.)
** Annual dues for Affiliate membership renew one year from date of initial membership.