TinyTERM ITX terminal emulation is now available for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Century Software is the first major emulation vendor to provide commercial-grade
terminal emulation on these devices. We have been in business over 25 years and are excited to make this
available to you. TinyTERM ITX for iPhone is available exclusively from the iPhone
Superior Terminal Emulation
TinyTERM ITX provides secure wireless access to
UNIX and Linux hosts with exact terminal emulation. iPhone users can rely on
TinyTERM ITX for 21 terminals, including the Linux console, Wyse 50/60,
DEC VT100/VT220/VT320 and SCOANSI. In fact, TinyTERM ITX includes more
terminal types than any other iPhone terminal emulator.
Full Screen Portrait and Landscape
In portrait mode, TinyTERM ITX fills the upper portion of the screen,
and the keyboard fills the lower portion. In landscape mode, TinyTERM ITX
takes up just a quarter of the screen, displaying the entire emulation session.
The remaining space displays a full keyboard.
The number of lines and columns can be set independently in portrait and
landscape modes, and further customized for whether the keyboard is displayed
or not. Text automatically wraps to fit the screen, allowing you to choose how
large you want the font to be.
In either mode, the keyboard can be made transparent, so that the emulator
fills the entire screen. The degree of transparency is controlled by the user, so
no display information is lost.
With its extended key set, TinyTERM ITX adds the full range of function keys, arrow
and keypad keys to the iPhone. The entire keyboard can be programmed, allowing for
standard or custom key values, macro strings, function keys, and even different key
Color mapping allows you to easily change the foreground, background and
cursor colors for best readability in any circumstances. And the fonts are rendered internally for
crystal-clear display at any size. TinyTERM ITX for iPhone puts a host
console in your pocket.
TinyTERM ITX includes SSH for very secure connectivity. Based on industry-standard strong
encryption, SSH allow users to access remote hosts securely over
any available WiFi or 3G connection. Both host key and username/password authentication are
included, as well as RSA/DSA key generation and management.
- Very simple and easy-to-use user interface supports multiple connection profiles
- 21 terminal emulations including Linux console, VT100/220/320, Wyse 50/60, ANSI and SCOANSI
- SSH and Telnet protocol support
- Landscape and Portrait modes supported, with optional transparent keyboard
- Always-on scrollback buffer using single finger swipe
- Terminal screen always fully visible when typing using scaleable fonts. Larger display when keyboard dismissed if desired
- Zoom mode for easier readability on small screen
- Configurable lines and columns with scaleable fonts and auto 132x80 modes
- Text wraps on the fly to match currently available rows and columns
- Fully customizable keyboard includes support for full 101-key PC keyboard options
- Code page support for over 25 locales, including CP 437, CP 1251, CP 1252, ISO 8859-1 and ISO 8859-2
- Configurable foreground/background/cursor color, hostname, user, port
- All customizations can be saved as selectable configurations for quick connecting to different hosts
- Supports any remotely accessible applications with line draw and character sets
- Works over WiFi or 3G connections, on iPhone or iPod Touch
- Fonts rendered internally for crystal-clear type in all situations
TinyTERM ITX for iPhone is available exclusively from the iTunes
Questions? Would you like to request a feature or comment on TinyTERM ITX for iPhone?
We'd love to hear from you!
to let us know what you think.