Calgary roofing - services
Roofing, roof, Shingles
We back all our work by a 5-year IRON CLAD workmanship/product/service guarantee; you can trust Legacy Exteriors for all your roofing needs.
To help you choose the right type of roof for your home, a Legacy representative will come to your home and provide you with the proper information you need to make a comfortable, informed decision. Premium Roofing, made affordable
Step 1 - Deck Preparation & Tear Down
- Legacy will provide a container for disposal of existing roofing materials.
- Legacy will remove and dispose of any existing shingles down to the roof deck. We will remove the existing flashings, vents and pipe flashings on your roof.
Step 2 - Flashings & Roof Repair
- The roof deck is the structural surface over which the roofing materials are applied. The roof deck should be a smooth, solid surface, which will permit the shingles to be securely fastened. Warped or uneven surfaces are difficult to work with during a re-roof and create an unprofessional looking finished project.
- Legacy will Inspect the entire roof deck before the installation of the new shingles, we will re-nail protruding roof nails and clean the roof deck to allow for a smooth surface.
- Legacy will replace any rotted or damaged roof boards, plywood or OSB (Oriented Strand Board).
- To help prevent leaks from occurring, corrosion-resistant aluminum flashings are installed to the eaves edge.
Step 3 - Ice & water shield - Information & Installation
- Ice and Water Protectors are used for waterproofing and preventing water penetration from ice dams or wind-driven rain.
- Our products have a slip-resistant surface for safe application.
- Tear-resistant membrane.
- Reinforced with glass fiber for extra strength.
- Self-adhesive for watertight sealing.
- Self-sealing around roofing nails.
- Meets building code requirements.
- Legacy will apply the Ice & water shields into valleys, dormers, eaves, hips, ridges, chimneys, vent stacks, rake edges, and around any skylights.
Step 4 - RoofGard-SB Information & Installation
- IKO RoofGard-SB is a premium-quality synthetic under-layment and is the most advanced underlayment available in the industry today.
- Made of a synthetic material.
- Completely waterproof; because it’s coated, top to bottom with polyolefin, for superior weather resistance.
- Advanced, three-layer structure: provides outstanding strength, durability and tear-resistance.
- Some underlayments wrinkle or buckle when they’re applied. Legacy prefers to use RoofGard-SB because it will never wrinkle or buckle permitting singles to lay completely flat once applied, further enhancing the look of your roof. Your shingles will look great, year after year.
- RoofGard-SB directly self-adheres to ice and water shields laid down in the previous step.
- Legacy will install RoofGard-SB over your entire roof for superior waterproof protection.
Step 5 - Install Valley Flashings, Ventilation, Shingle & Ridge Caps
- Flashing is crucial in areas that must be watertight. This is the most common reason for a roof leaks. Fresh new colour coded flashing will be installed into every valley of your new roof system.
- Good ventilation creates a cooler attic in the summer and a drier attic in the winter and it helps prevent ice dams. All existing ventilation is removed and replaced by Legacy professionals.
- Legacy will begin shingling with a starter strip, we recommend using IKO Leading Edge, a starter course shingle that has already been cut to size.
- Legacy recommends Cambridge 30 or Cambridge LT shingles for the re-roof application.
- Cambridge 30 shingles offer premium looks, not price. Durable heavyweight architectural shingles that perform as great as they look.
- Cambridge 30’s carry a limited 30-year warranty.
- Cambridge LT is the ultimate in beauty and protection. They’re IKO’s thickest, heaviest architectural shingle.
- The Cambridge LT has a limited lifetime warranty.
Step 6 - Cleanup & Inspection
- All work performed by Legacy will be in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and guide lines set by local building codes.
- At the end your property will be completely swept of all materials and tools. Your property will look as it did before the work ensued, paying extra attention to any nails or dangerous objects lurking in the grass or walkways.