At GFS Canada, quality and food safety is a daily commitment to our customers. We have dedicated professionals at each distribution center who support our mission to serve customers with the highest quality foodservice products and services.
Here’s a brief overview of our programs:
Distribution Center Standards
• All of our distribution facilities must meet comprehensive food safety programs that meet or exceed the requirements of Health Canada, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), and our customers.
• A trained Quality Inspector is in every distribution center every day to ensure incoming products and those ready to be shipped meet our standards for quality and shelf life.
• Products are rotated on a First Expired, First Out basis.
• Detailed Sanitation and Pest Control Programs
• Temperature-controlled storage areas to protect food safety and maximize shelf life and quality.
• Annual third party audits are conducted to verify our food safety, sanitation, and quality systems.
• Delivery trailers are equipped to maintain proper temperatures during transportation.
• Comprehensive recall notification process
When you select Gordon Food Service as your foodservice distributor, you can have the absolute confidence knowing that a team of dedicated professionals are at work to ensure you receive safe, quality-consistent products every time.