Home Sweet Home
Whether you’re planning a new home or an addition for a growing family, finding a competent and reliable contractor is the first step to a successful and satisfying home improvement project.
Your home may be your most valuable financial asset. That’s why it’s important to be cautious when you hire someone to work on it. Don’t consider ads as indications of the quality of a contractor’s work. Your best bet is a reality check from those in the know: clients, friends, neighbors, or co-workers who have had work done.
Home Building Professionals
Braun Builders, Inc. is a professional General Contractor who manages all aspects of your project, including hiring and supervising subcontractors, getting building permits, and scheduling inspections. They also work with architects and designers.
- Speciality Contractors install particular products, such as cabinets and bathroom fixtures.
- Architects design homes, additions, and major renovations. If your project includes structural changes, you may want to hire an architect who specializes in home remodeling.
- Designers have expertise in specific areas of the home, such as kitchens and baths.
- Design/Build Contractors provide one-stop service. They see your project through from start to finish. Some firms have architects on staff; others use certified designers.
Don’t Get Nailed
Not all contractors operate within the law. Here are some tip-offs to potential rip-offs. A less than reputable contractor:
- solicits door-to-door;
- offers you discounts for finding other customers;
- just happens to have materials left over from a previous job;
- only accepts cash payments;
- asks you to get the required building permits;
- does not list a business number in the local telephone directory;
- tells you your job will be a "demonstration;"
- pressures you for an immediate decision;
- offers exceptionally long guarantees;
- asks you to pay for the entire job up-front;
- suggests that you borrow money from a lender the contractor knows. If you’re not careful, you could lose your home through a home improvement loan scam.
Braun Builders, Inc is..
- A well-established company with consumer protection officials.
- A licesnsed contractor who complies with all registration statutes affecting contractors, remodelers, and/or specialty contractors. The licensing can range from simple registration to a detailed qualification process. Also, the licensing requirements in one locality may be different from the requirements in the rest of the state. Braun Builders will check with your local building department or consumer protection agency to find out about licensing requirements in your area.
A builder you can trust!