Panel track blinds, also known as sliding window panels or panel tracks, offer a simple, versatile and stylish solution for patio doors, sliding glass doors or large picture windows. These blinds cover a large window with much fewer panels than vertical blinds contributing to a much cleaner, uniform appearance. They can even be used as a budget-friendly room divider. Save at Blindsgalore with everyday low discount prices, free shipping & samples, plus the assurance of our low price guarantee.
How They Work
Each panel rides on an individually wheeled carrier or track for easy operation and modern appearance. These large, fabric panels hang vertically and slide to reach open or closed positions. Panel track blinds can be mounted to the ceiling or the wall, the latter being much more common, depending on your home décor needs. Also, the high quality hardware from our top brands allows these panels to be easily removed and attached to their tracks.
Light control for this type of blind is measured by fabric opacity and screen openness percentage. Fabric opacities and openness percentages directly reflect one another. For example, a panel track blind with 14% openness will be categorized as sheer because it allows the most light and visibility to pass through. On the other end of the spectrum, a panel track that is opaque will have a 3 or 4% level of openness. Overall, a low percentage of openness correlates with sheer and a high percentage of openness is equivalent to opaque.
- Overlapping fabric panels glide effortlessly on a wheeled track system and attach quickly and effortlessly to the included hardware
- Available in many fabric patterns, styles, and colors
- Available in woven wood, solar screen or patterned fabric materials to fit any décor
- Choose right, left, or split stack to suit your window covering needs (where your blinds will stack when completely open)
- Optional upgrades include valances, blackout & privacy liners, and edge bindings
Panel track blinds are often referred to as window panels or simply panel tracks. All of these terms can be used to describe window treatments that consist of large, fabric vanes which hang vertically and slide on tracks. Most window treatment manufacturers prefer to call them panel tracks or sliding panels perhaps to let consumers know they can be used for other forms of decor as well as window treatments.