Home Inspection Services available in the Greater Ottawa Area Offered by “Best Quality Home Inspections Ltd.”
- Pre-Purchase Inspection - Home BUYER
- Home Assessment -Pre-Listing Inspection - Home OWNER
- New Home Occupancy Inspection
- Pre-Delivery Inspection [PDI] - TARION
- One, Two & Seven Year Warranty Inspection - TARION
- Condominium Inspection
- Relocation to Ottawa
Pre-Purchase Inspection - Home BUYER
The purchase of a previously owned home may be a challenge without the assistance of a professional home inspection. It is your investment and it is strongly advised to ensure that you are aware of and conversant with the new homes condition and its’ equipment as much as possible. The focused visual home inspection report will emphasis - Unsafe or Hazardous conditions; Inoperable systems and components and Major expenses.
Experience has shown that there may have been many renovations and not all may have been completed with the proper permits and by qualified or certified traders’ personnel resulting in potentially dangerous conditions.
Resale home inspections are often instrumental in discovering issues with electrical wiring, heating equipment abnormalities, presence of water penetration and its effects, structural, cooling and plumbing problems.
Protecting your investment by having a professional home inspection is small in comparison to the overall expenses of buying a home.
Conducting a Home Inspection is a wise decision!
A HOME ASSESSMENT - PRE-LISTING INSPECTION prior to the listing of your home for sale may provide you with valuable information about the condition of your home. Further it may provide you with knowledge that will prevent unpleasant surprises. It may identify current deficiencies that will allow you to prepare a position on what course of action to take.
Where immediate action on major deficiencies has been determined it will afford you the opportunity to take corrective action (repairs) or identify / disclose this when pricing your home for sale.
New Home Pre-Occupancy Inspections
The Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) is an ideal opportunity to discuss deficiencies with your builder prior to closing. Your Builder Representative will be asking you to sign off with The Ontario New Home Warranty Program [Administered by the TARION Warranty Corporation] that your home was received in good order.
You must comply with all TARION requirements if you wish to have the system work for you. It is strongly recommend that you visit to ensure that you fully comprehend your obligations under this program. It is very important that you continually repeat all outstanding issues pertaining to your new home, each and every time you submit forms to TARION – otherwise it may be assumed that all previous defects have been.
Other warranty periods where forms must be submitted to TARION are:
- Thirty (30) Day Warranty Inspection
- One (1) Year Warranty Inspection – addresses those areas to ensure freedom from defects in work and materials; is fit to live in and meets the Ontario Building Code requirements.
- Two (2) Year Warranty Inspection – address issues of water penetration through the basement or foundation walls; defects in materials or work (caulking, windows, doors, etc.) resulting in water penetration into the building envelope; defects in materials or work in electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems; defects in materials or work that result in detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding); major structural defects and violations of the Ontario Building Code’s health and safety provisions.
- Seven (7) Year Major Structural Defect Coverage – addresses any defect in materials or work that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure or materially and adversely affects its load-bearing function or any defect in materials or work that significantly and adversely affects the use of the building as a home.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation - CMHC has a great available for viewing online. Check out Page 22 of the booklet which is page 27 of the viewer - How do I Know if a Condominium is in Good Physical Condition?
Relocation to Ottawa
Best Quality Home Inspections, as a qualified and insured home inspector, is pleased to provide visual home inspection services to the Federal Public Service, Canadian Forces, and RCMP personnel and families moving to Ottawa under the Brookfield Global Relocation Services (BROOKFIELD GRS) Integrated Relocation Program. Formerly called Royal LePage Relocation Services (RLRS), Brookfield Residential Property Services (Brookfield RPS) the parent company re-branded its RLRS business unit and re-named it Brookfield Global Relocation Services in August 2009.