The HiCycle is an accelerated wear tester (AWT) used to determine the durability or fatigue of replacement heart valves and other cardiac devices under pulsatile flow and physiological loading.
The ViVitro HiCycle uses an energy efficient process along with a resourceful design to provide the most versatile method for testing replacement heart valves and cardiovascular devices. Each tester is uniquely equipped with independent chambers to test valves in combinations of 6, 4, 3 or 2 for stable and independent operating conditions. SSince each test chamber is independent of the others, more flexibility is achievable than with conventional methods. The electromagnetic motor is used to move the valve rather than the fluid for energy efficiency and stability of the fluid along with proven reliability, reducing the need for replacement of expensive fatigued components. The tester’s compact design allows for it to be mounted in a mobile cart and provides quite operation.
When combined with the HiTest Data Acquisition System, operators are able to monitor pressure and collect data through an intuitive user interface. The HiTest software meets validation, verification and testing in accordance with ISO 13485 quality standards and outputs results that meet FDA and ISO 5840 requirements.
• Heart Valve Replacements
• Venous Valve Replacements
• Septal Defect Devices
• Cardiac Patches or Strips
• Medical Sutures, Staples or Clips
• Scan-Valve with fix mounted transducers for quick pressure collection
• Electromagnetic drive mechanism for quiet, stable, and reliable operation
• Energy efficient and robust design reduces the need to replace costly consumable components
• Independent chambers allow for quick device change-out and start-up
• Temperature controlled
• Proven history of reliability
• Materials are chemically compatible with testing solutions and most sterilization methods
Dry Weight: 95 lbs
Dimensions without cart: 18” x 15”
Dimensions with cart: 48” x 20”
Cycle Rates: 500 – 1800cpm (Low cycle rates are device dependent)
Power requirements: 115V / 230VAC, 50-60Hz
Temperature Range: up to 40°C ± 0.5°C
Volume per chamber: 280ml
The ViVitro HiCycle is manufactured in an ISO 13485 facility and meets applicable CE marking directives.