District of Saanich, Victoria BC - Municipal Services
GIS Map Service
Welcome to the District of Saanich GIS (Geographic Information System) map service.
This interactive GIS viewer is provided to better serve the public and enable residents to
display, query and output maps of the latest municipal information.
The Districts map service encompasses over 50 layers of information of varying themes
including terrain, land, transportation, parks, planning, environment, and engineering
GIS can help answer many geospatial questions. Examples include:
- finding an address location
- learning details about a property such as lot area, zoning or proximity to a park
- viewing underground infrastructure services (sewer, storm, water)
- learning about Saanich's historical sites, significant trees or trail network
- observing landscape change in a neighbourhood by comparing historical aerial photos dating back to 1997
The GIS Section at the District of Saanich is continually adding and improving spatial
information and enabling increased and better access to public information.
7 new layers are available under the environment folder; Streamside Development Permit Area, Sensitive Ecosystem Inventory, rare plants, animals and ecosystems (CDC), wildlife trees (WiTS), bird sanctuaries, ecological reserves, and isolated watercourses. Using the Streamside Development Permit Area layer, you can find out if a stream is included in the development permit area as well as the width of the setback.
Community Associations are now available under the Planning folder in the Map Viewer. You can view association boundaries and find contact information along with links to each association's website.