Everyone knows that going out on the water can be very dangerous without proper preparation and knowledge. At Megson FitzPatrick, we understand those risks and have a policy to cover them. Our Marine Insurance advisors are specialists who are always updating their training in this field. Our Marine policy ensures the right level of coverage for the right boat. Our program is designed for the following types of vessels:
- Runabouts: These are usually under 21 feet in length and can be powered by either an outboard or an inboard/outboard motor. No galley, fridge or stove.
- Cruisers or Yachts: These are usually over 22 feet in length and can be powered by either an inboard/outboard or a gas or diesel inboard motor. These normally have a galley and toilet.
- Sailboats: Can be any size and usually have an auxiliary motor which can be either an outboard or inboard gas or diesel motor.
- Claims-free discount available for owners who have had no claims for 3 years while owning and operating similar or same vessel type.
- Discounts for owners/operators who have completed Canadian Power Squadron, CYA or Coast Guard Auxiliary courses.
- Trailers and boathouses can also be included.
- Medical payments
- Personal effects coverage
You also have the option to add our “Boaters Travel Protection Plan” for an additional fee which will cover:
- Emergency services*- emergency fuel delivery or battery boost
- Towing service*
*Limits do apply. Please ask us for full details.