System Planning and Policy Development
Matrix Planning Associates
Highway Maintenance, System Planning
Matrix assists clients in system-wide planning and policy development. Many projects result from the need to identify the most cost-effective allocation of limited resources, or to respond to other external pressures. System planning projects can respond to such factors as:
- The need to make decisions on the allocation of limited resources, including prioritizing future capital projects.
- Legislative or policy changes result in the need to restructure existing organizations, with associated changes in facilities requirements.
- Rapid population enrolment growth within defined geographic areas.
- The need for improvements to the policies and procedures for the planning and management of facilities.
- The need to improve the overall quality and cost-effectiveness of facilities, including upgrading accessibility for the physically disabled.
Matrix has assisted several clients in the development of long term capital plans and facility masterplans. We have also worked with clients on policies and procedural guidelines for the planning and development of facilities, including design guidelines and space standards manuals for building types ranging from highway maintenance yards to schools and courthouses.
, System Planning