LLEARN - Language Learning Environment and Resource Network
teachers, Learning Environment, Language Learning
LLEARN Product Sheet
Increasingly, effective teaching and learning requires teachers to use instructional strategies that involve and engage their computer-savvy students in a meaningful way. LLEARN provides high-quality online tools that teachers can use to increase the effectiveness of the way they are delivering their FSL 10, 11 and 12 courses. It is now possible for classroom teachers to find a dynamic, interactive and experiential computer resource that will supplement and enhance their own strategies for teaching secondary students to read, write, speak and listen in French. Students using LLEARN can also access the program from their home computers to do homework and extra exercises.
LLEARN project featured on the VI News
- Access LLEARN French 10, 11 and 12, either as a complete course or by using the content and learner management systems to develop a customized learning program.
- Use LLEARN as a resource to teach, reinforce, supplement and enhance your own instructional strategies.
- 24/7 access online anytime, anywhere.
- Access contracted to fit teacher/student schedules.
- Teachers can tailor learning paths for students, and support their efforts to provide interesting, challenging, interactive French language experiences for their students.
- LLEARN brings together best practices in second language teaching and learning and releases the potential of technology as a learning tool by delivering rich media content through animations, audio, extensive graphics, built in communications tools and more.
- Canadian Curriculum - LLEARN is designed to meet provincial FSL 10, 11, 12 curriculum requirements in British Columbia, Alberta and Newfoundland and Labrador with application for other provincial curricula. A learning path can be customized to meet the learning needs of a province, of a classroom group or for an individual student.
- Computer-aided Language Learning (CALL) - LLEARN uses the latest in online technology to deliver and manage instruction. LLEARN also offers extensive functionalities for classroom management and record-keeping.
- Rich Learning Environment - LLEARN provides students with a broad, challenging and varied selection of activities and assignments that teach and reinforce reading, writing, speaking and listening in French. Examples include: word search, animated dialogue, and collaborative and independent reflection activities.
- Rooted in French Culture - LLEARN provides students with real life exposure to the language, recognizing that culture is integral to the learning of language. Reflection activities help students to reflect on their own learning in the program and compare these with their own experiences.
, Learning Environment