FDR FORENSIC DATA RECOVERY INC - FREDC
Fdr Forensic Data Recovery
FREDC Baseline System
| Why FREDC? |
Faster Than a Local Hard Drive
Image a hard drive directly to a Forensic File Server 25% faster than you can image to a local hard drive.. DIRECTLY to the server over standard Copper Gigabit Ethernet. There's no need to image to your workstation and then copy it up to a slow server.
Significantly Faster Than a Windows Server
A Forensically Optimized Network Operating System 300% faster than Windows Server running on the same hardware! Here's the Proof (These EnCase imaging benchmarks were from May 2006 - our current hardware performance is even better.)
2.5 to 3 GB/Minute
Image a 30 GB drive in less than 12 minutes, an 80 GB drive in just over 30 minutes.. DIRECTLY to the server.
Keep Your Existing Clients
Use the same Operating Systems on your desktop as always (i.e. Windows XP). Our Forensic Network Operating System integrates seamlessly with your existing clients.
FREDC Configured With 4 RAIDs and 3 FREDs
| Centralized File Storage |
Consolidate your storage investment. No need to buy lots of standalone hard drives to pass around your lab. No wondering where that case data is. Stop wasting money on individual hard drives or portable RAID arrays.
Centralized Access Control/Security
Decide who has access to what evidence from a single vantage point. Determine which investigators have access to which cases and optionally log all access to your evidence.
Centralized File Sharing
Allow multiple investigators to work on a single case using a single set of Data Files.
Centralized Data Backup
Backup and Restore data from a single vantage point into a single offline repository using a 16 tape LTO-4 Ultrium robotic tape library. Maintain your data in two separate locations at all times (online and offline)
0 to 60 in Two Days
FREDC equipment is typically installed in 2 days. Equipment assembly and configuration on Day 1, and your orientation/training on Day 2. Take your lab from an outdated workstation centric environment to a fully optimized forensic network in 2 days. (Your MIS / IT guys have been relying on networks since the late 80's - now its your turn to blow them away.)
It's a complete network in a rack including all TCP/IP services (DNS / DHCP). Just connect your workstations with Cat 5e or Cat6 Gigabit Ethernet, load the network client, and you're ready to go! We establish a proven storage architecture that makes your access control simple and your backup activities manageable. We even set up your backup jobs and establish your automatic drive mappings for you. Instead of imaging to a local hard drive (i.e. "D:") you simply use your network drive letters instead (i.e. "R:").
Easy to Maintain
We provide approximately a full day of orientation/training for the person(s) who will be managing the server. Since our server runs like an appliance (no blue screens, no daily patches), the routine tasks are minimal. Adding/Removing Investigator accounts, performing Backups, and modifying access control (if required) are essentially all that needs to be done.
Easy to Use
The only thing your investigators (users) will notice is a different login screen on their workstations and a bunch of new (network) drive letters. Everything else stays the same!
It's that Simple! It's that Fast! Nothing else even comes close!
Must Be Quoted
866-344-4683 or 262-782-3332
FREDC is our Forensic Recovery of Evidence Data Center. FREDC provides fully integrated processing power and flexibility far beyond any forensic solution available. The highly customizable modular solution is capable of housing up to 8 completely independent forensic processing systems. Optional online storage of 256 terabytes (256,000 GB), and beyond, in high speed RAID-5 arrays is available in a single rack. The system houses a completely integrated Gigabit Ethernet Forensic Network in less than a 2 by 3 foot footprint. It is fully extensible to provide forensic network services and storage to pre-existing forensic workstations in your network. An integrated, retractable, 17 inch LCD/Keyboard module. Custom systems include a selection of the following: 16.0 terabyte RAID-5 Array w/Hotspare, Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device - Rackmount Module (FREDRM) and number of users for your network.
The design of FREDC allows for customization to meet almost any forensic requirement. In a simple implementation, FREDC includes a single Forensic File Server with a high capacity RAID array to act as centralized storage for forensic images. A FRED Rackmount Module (FREDRM) functions as a forensic processing workstation. A typical FREDC configuration might employ a single FREDRM combination to serve as a centralized point of image acquisition for the entire FREDC system. One or more additional FRED Rackmount Modules (FREDRM) can then be included to support the processing of multiple forensic images (or a single image with multiple exami nation processes being performed at the same time!). If all this FREDRM stuff sounds confusing, give us a call and we'll help design a configuration that meets your requirements.
Since all of our FRED systems use the exact same motherboard and system devices, Operating Systems (ours or yours) are completely interchangeable between the platforms (FREDRM, FRED, FREDDIE, FRED Sr, or FREDM). Whether you modify our pre-installed operating systems, or install your own, the same resulting O/S images can be installed on any of your FRED systems!
All of the processing modules and File Server in the FREDC system are connected via a high speed Gigabit Ethernet backbone. This Gigabit Ethernet backbone is capable of throughput 10 times faster that standard 10/100 Ethernet connections. Whether you are moving forensic images to or from the file server, or processing image files already stored on the server, this state-of-the-art transport mechanism will get the job done in record time!
The Keyboard/Display/KVM module acts as a single point of access and control for the whole system. Selectively monitor you File Server, check on your imaging job, or examine your processing jobs at the touch of a button. Why purchase multiple keyboards and monitors when a single KVM enabled device will allow you to switch between processes as needed.
Connectivity to the FREDC system is not limited to processors within the cabinet. Ethernet switches and patch panels allow convenient integration of existing network enabled forensic workstations and equipment. The high speed, high capacity of the FREDC RAID array(s) can be shared among all the workstations on your FREDC forensic network.
FREDC Module Specifications and Options
| FREDC Forensic File Server Module |
The File Server operates as the core of the integrated Forensic Network and can be used as a central storage facility for Forensic Images as well as applications software for use by the FRED Rackmount Modules (FREDRM). The FRED modules in the FREDC cabinet perform the actual imaging and processing tasks, while the Forensic File server stores the images and case work. Multiple forensic clients, internal or external, can access case and image files simultaneously without duplicating information on several workstations. File and image storage space is centralized by the file server reducing the need for large storage requirements at the forensic workstations. The Forensic File Server Module is typically supplied with an internal 1.6 TB RAID-5 array for Operating System storage. One or more standalone RAID Array Modules are also provided for 256 terabytes, or more, of high speed online storage for your case files.
| FREDC Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device Module |
The FREDRM module is has all the processing functionality of a FRED system integrated into a rackmount module. Although the FREDRM module is specifically designed to focus on the processing of forensic evidence, FREDRM includes an integrated UltraBay to acquire a forensically sound (write-protected) image of IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Furthermore, IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives may be connected/removed from the UltraBay without having to shut down the workstation or leaving the GUI. The UltraBay is exclusively available with Digital Intelligence FRED systems and is not available separately or from any other source. The FREDRM Module will also acquire data from 3 1/2 inch floppies, CD-ROM, and DVD-ROM media.
| FREDC Retractable Keyboard/17 inch LCD Display Module |
This device is an integrated Keyboard and LCD Display. When the Keyboard/Display module is not in use, it may be folded down and retracted into the cabinet for storage and security.
FREDC 3000 KVA UPS Module
One or more of these modular Uninterruptable Power Supplies can be installed to maintain FREDC system uptime in the event of a power failure or fluctuation. Larger UPS units are available if needed to support multiple RAID arrays or FREDRM systems.
FREDC Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module
This Gigabit Ethernet Switch (10/100/1000 Mb/Sec) is capable of moving data between the integrated network components at speeds up to 10 times greater than standard Fast Ethernet switches. In addition, the individual ports of this network switch will fall back to 10 Mb/Sec or 100 Mb/Sec speeds as required to maintain compatibility with slower network devices.
| FREDC RAID Array Module |
The FREDC RAID Array Module provides high-speed access of up to 16.0 terabytes (14.0 TB RAID-5 w/Hotspare) of online storage. Multiple RAID arrays can also be employed to bring total FREDC online storage to 256 terabytes and beyond.
Baseline FREDC Specifications
FREDC's standard configuration includes Dual Intel Xeon Processors. FREDC also includes state-of-the-art storage, backup and remote access solutions:
- 42U Cabinet: 84" High (without wheels), 23 1/2" Wide, 36" Deep
- 16.0 Terabyte RAID Array Module (14.0 Terabyte RAID-5 w/Hotspare) - 16-Bay, 3U Rackmount RAID Enclosure (Fiber Channel Attached / Multilane SAS Cascaded) with sixteen 1000 Gb, 7200 RPM hard drives in Hotswap removable drive trays.
- LTO-4 Ultrium Robotic Tape Library - LTO-4 Ultrium Drive, 16 Slot Library, 800 GB (Uncompressed) / 1600 GB (Compressed) per tape, Up to 25.6 TB Total Online Backup Capacity, LVD SCSI Interface
- 48 Port Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 MB/S) Rackmount Network Switch
- 24 Port Rackmount Network Patch Panel (2)
- KVM over IP Remote Access Module - Complete Keyboard, Video and Mouse control of any device in the rack from anywhere on your Forensic Network
Baseline SERVER-RM Specifications
- 4U Rackmount Enclosure (10 Bays, Dual Redundant 500W P/S)
- Motherboard: Dual Intel Xeon Processors (2xLGA771 sockets supporting dual 45nm Intel Xeon® 5400/5300/5200/5100 Dual/Quad Core CPU's). Intel 5400/6321ESB chipset. 667/1066/1333/1600MHz Front Side Bus. 2xPCI-Ex16 (Gen2), 1xPCI-Ex8, 2xPCI-X (100/133 MHz), 1xPCI (32bit/33 MHz) Expansion Slots. 8 Fully-Buffered DIMM DDR2 533/667/800 Reg. ECC, Maximum up to 64 GB
- Two Intel Xeon 5420 (2.5 Ghz) Quad-Core CPU's (8 Processors Total)
- 8.0 GB Dual-Channel 128 Bit DDR2-667 Registered ECC Memory
- 6 primary Serial ATA (SATA) 3.0 Gb/s ports onboard (Intel/RAID Capable)
- 8 Secondary Serial ATA (SATA) 3.0 GB/s Ports Onboard (Marvell/RAID Capable)
- 1 Parallel ATA (IDE) Port (2 Devices)
- Four 10/100/1000 MB/s Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapters (Intel)
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports
- XGI Z9s Graphics Controller
- Dual Channel Ultra 320 SCSI Controller (Narrow, Wide, Ultra, Ultra160, Ultra320)
- 3 1/2" Diskette Drive
- DVD ± RW/CD ± RW Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- 1.6TB Internal RAID-5 Array (With Hot Spare)
- 7 x Shock Mounted Serial ATA (SATA) Removable Hard Drive Bays
- Yosemite Backup Software
- Novell Open Enterprise Server (5 User)
Baseline FRED-RM Specifications
- 4U Rackmount Enclosure (10 Bays, 1100W Modular Power Supply)
- i7 Motherboard with Intel X58 / ICH10R Chipset
- Intel i7 920 CPU (Quad Processor), 2.66 Ghz, 8M Cache, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI
- 2 x PCI-Express (x16), 1 x PCI-Express (x1), 2xPCI-X, 1xPCI(2.2) Slots
- 6 GB DDR3-1333 Triple Channel Memory
- Nvidia GT240 PCI-Express Video Card (1GB) with HDMI and Dual Monitor Output
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbs Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapters
- 8 Channel High Definition Audio Controller
- 6 Ports (6 Drives) Primary 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller (RAID Capable)
- 2 Ports (2 Drives) SAS-Serial Attached SCSI Controller (RAID Capable)
- 2 Ports eSATA 150/300 SATA On-the-GO (RAID Capable)
- 1 Port (2 Drives) DMA 66/100/133 Parallel ATA (IDE) Controller
- 1 PS/2 Combo Port (Keyboard & Mouse)
- 11 USB 2.0/1.x Ports: 8 Back Mounted, 3 Front Mounted (1 Write Blocked)
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394a (400 MB/s) Ports: 2 Back Mounted
- 3 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) Ports: 1 Back Mounted, 2 Front Mounted (1 Write Blocked)
- Digital Intelligence UltraBay II Hardware Write-Blocker:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SCSI Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated USB Write Blocker
- Integrated Firewire IEEE 1394b Write Blocker
- Digital Intelligence Integrated Forensic Media Card Reader - One Switchable Read-Only/Read-Write (MSC, MS Pro, SMC, CFC, MD, XD, SDC, and MMC Memory Card compatible)
- 1 x 150 Gb 10,000 RPM 3.0 Gb/s SATA Hard Drive in Shock-Mounted Tray OS Drive
- 1 x 1.5 Tb 7200 RPM 3.0 Gb/s SATA Hard Drive in Shock-Mounted Tray Data Drive
- 2 x Native Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- 1 x Hotswap Shock Mounted Removable Hard Drive Bay (IDE/SATA Capable)
- BD-R/BD-RE/DVD ± RW/CD ± RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with Integrated Ventilation
- USB 3 1/2" Floppy Drive with Write Protect Switch
Additional Options are Available Upon Request
All of our systems can be upgraded or modified according to customer requests. Typical options or upgrades include Processor Upgrades, Memory Upgrades, Hard Drive Upgrades or additions, and additional bundled forensic software as requested.
FREDC systems can be implemented in identical style cabinets of different heights. 30, 36, 52, 61, 76, and 84 inch tall cabinets are available.
Digital Intelligence will install/configure your equipment at your location and provide orientation for your personnel.
As all FREDC Forensic Data Centers are individually designed to meet customer specifications and requirements, please contact Digital Intelligence for configuration assistance and pricing.
FREE TRAINING WITH FRED SYSTEM PURCHASE
DON'T ACCEPT LESS-CAPABLE IMITATIONS OR KNOCK-OFFS!
Do the Research : Examine our system specifications, ask existing customers about our products and support. You'll understand why our FRED Systems are continually recognized as the best designed, most capable, completely supported Forensic Workstations in the world! (even by those who try to copy our products)
You know the name - now get your own! Only at Digital Intelligence!