Who can benefit from this service:
Children and adolescents diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder or other developmental disabilities.
Intensive Behaviour Intervention Programs
School readiness skills
Positive Behaviour Support Planning
For challenging behaviours
Short term contracts to provide consultation to the school team
Applied Behavioural Analysis
Verbal Behaviour – Applied Behaviour Analysis
Behavioural Social Skills Interventions
Natural Environment Teaching
Behavioural Parent Training
Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and Augmentative Communication
Positive Behaviour Support
What to expect:
- All services are outreach services (I come to the home, school, or childcare setting) and behaviour intervention sessions occur in the child’s natural environment.
- An intake meeting to discuss service provision is provided at no cost.
- Parents or guardians review and sign a family agreement outlining services, payment, confidentiality, and other policies prior to beginning service.
- At the start of service, an extensive family priority and goal planning process and assessment process occurs. I will spend time getting to know your child, observing them in different places, interviewing care givers and completing developmental checklists.
- I will assist you in attaining the services of Behaviour Interventionists and provide them with training.
- I will assist you in attaining the services of other community professionals as needed, such as Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Physiotherapists.
- I work with your preschool, daycare or school staff.
- I create and maintain a Behavioural Plan of Intervention, supervising Behaviour Interventionists in working with your child to complete these programs. This plan is reviewed regularly through team meetings, observations and other consultations.
- Services for children 0-18 with an autism diagnosis may be covered by individual funding through BC’s Ministry of Child and Family Development. I can assist you to complete the necessary paperwork to acquire funding.