A team-based approach to financial fine-tuning.
Because times are tight, it is even more critical that we carefully
evaluate our organization’s financial strengths and weaknesses. We need
to be informed and prepared to make tough choices. We’ve got to be ready
to adapt to new conditions. We need to empower ourselves with the knowledge
and skills we need to thrive. If the state of your organization’s finances
is keeping you up at night, contact TREC for assistance right away.
TREC’s Financial Management Program is appropriate for organizations
which need a minor fine tuning of their financial systems, organizations
requiring a complete overhaul, and everything in between. TREC offers
on-line training, instructional documents and e-alerts, and useful templates
and samples. For select groups, TREC also offers on-going consulting
and support to customize and implement the training, and to address
TREC will work with a team from your organization that includes the
finance manager, executive director, program leaders and board members
to provide comprehensive system solutions as well as improved communication
and teamwork within the organization overall.
- Assessing key indicators of financial health.
- Producing accurate financial statements, understanding them
and presenting them effectively.
- Creating timely and accurate income predictions and cash
- Developing accurate budgets and using them to strategically
evaluate project areas.
- Coping with financial set-backs.
- Identifying new, skilled finance staff and setting up roles
- Working with timesheets and appropriately allocating costs.
- Evaluating and improving financial policies, procedures and
- Reporting to foundations, members and the board.
- Reviewing financial reporting and compliance.
- Working with an auditor and preparation for an audit.
Financial Management is open to all Wilburforce grantees in the U.S.
and Canada (or Wilburforce applicants with an invited proposal on the
Foundation’s next docket).
Want to take part?
Please return your Letter of Inquiry and any other information requested
to Megan Seibel, Senior Associate.
Contact: Megan Seibel (303) 284-6968. [Megan at trec.org]
Megan Seibel, TREC’s lead trainer and consultant
on fiscal management, and serves as TREC’s Finance Director and Senior Associate.
She has over 20 years of non-profit experience, including positions
of fundraiser, executive director, and budget and finance director.
Megan has extensive training experience on a wide array of topics in
the areas of fundraising and financial management.
Organizations receiving fiscal management assistance
will work with others at TREC in addition to Megan Seibel, including
Dyan Oldenburg, Jeff DeBonis, and David Thomson.