To successfully adapt to constant change, companies need to create organizational designs that are flexible and leverage competitive strengths. An effective organizational design is based on an overall vision for the organization, embodied in a strategic plan with clear objectives.
- Organizational design
- Role clarification (job design)
- Competency modeling
- Talent management and succession planning
Organization design is a process of matching people, information, and technology to the purpose, vision, and strategy of the company. We guide clients through a systematic design process that encourages creative thinking while working with managers at every level of the organization to link strategic objectives to the day-to-day reality of employees and their jobs. Competency modeling aligns individual and organizational performance and establishes the foundation for talent management and planning the succession of company leadership.
Specifically, we help clients to:
- Explore choices that draw upon the knowledge, experience, and expertise of people throughout the organization.
- Create an integrated system of people and resources that matches the specific direction of company.
- Design the best way of organizing for the unique needs of the company; recognize that there is no perfect organization design or one structure that fits all.
- Manage the transition from the current to the new organization design.
- Design a competency model that articulates the skills and behaviours for the performance management systems.
- Develop a talent management strategy to attract and retain the people needed to sustain the organization.
- Prepare a succession plan of leaders who are prepared to take the company into the future.