Richer, more powerful smartphones are driving mobile web browsing, applications, and content consumption. It is key for industry stakeholders such as operators, mobile marketers, and market research firms to understand network performance, device usage, and content consumption.
Leveraging TapRoot's extensive experience in mobile device software development, we created a solution to extend the collection of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to mobile devices. TapRoot's patent pending Embedded Mobile Analytics (EMA) Platform enables the secure collection of data on leading smartphones and 3G/4G data cards while operating transparently to the subscriber. The EMA Platform is scalable to support from tens, to millions of subscribers and allows provisioning of new data collection rules anytime, with no subscriber interaction.
The EMA Platform consists of two main components: EMA Software Agents and EMA Servers. EMA Software Agents reside on the smartphone or PC and manage the collection of KPI's via On-Device-Probes, the rules and attributes under which the On-Device-Probes are activated, and the secure transmission of the collected data to the EMA Servers.
EMA Servers manage device provisioning, rules downloads, and receive the collected data from the EMA Software Agents. The EMA Server also provides graphical reports and maps for analyzing the data. EMA Servers can reside in a customer's network or as a hosted solution. The EMA Servers optionally provide an interface that connects to existing Network Analysis and Optimization tools.
TapRoot Embedded Mobile Analytics Platform
- Provides graphical reporting and mapping tools for data analysis. Also enables existing analysis equipment from leading vendors to be extended to collect data from devices
- Scalable solution to support from tens, to millions of subscribers
- Data collection on any network and over any bearer including: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, CDMA2000, and Wi-Fi.
- Over The Air (OTA) provisioning and configuration of devices
- Rich suite of KPIs to enable a deep understanding of customer experience, network performance, content consumption, and device behavior
- Transparent operation does not alter or diminish the usability of the device. EMA Software Agents run in the background and have negligible effect on battery life and device performance
- Flexible EMA Server hosting options.
- TapRoot's professional services group is available to ensure a seamless startup.