During pregnancy your body experiences a multitude of changes. As your uterus expands with the weight of the growing baby, there is more stress on your back, neck, shoulders and abdominal muscles. An aching lower back is a common sensation for many pregnant women, while others may experience aching legs, sore hips, swelling and/or insomnia.
Prenatal massage therapy is a wonderful way to cope with these adjustments and ease the discomfort. A massage during pregnancy brings about a sense of well being through relaxation.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- Soothes tired and tense muscles
- Improves sleep
- Relieves muscle cramps, spasms and tension in the lower back, neck, hips and legs
- Reduces the release of stress hormones
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure
- Improves blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling (edema)
- Can improve labour outcome and ease pain
A body cushion system is used to allow you to lie flat and fully supported during the treatment. Lying on your stomach will allow for a deeper massage to relieve a sore back.
Our pillowing system lets you lie comfortably on your stomach during pregnancy massage, allowing you to safely experience a deeper massage.