Learn How to Massage Baby
Babies are naturally beautiful to touch. The ancient art of baby massage has been practiced by many cultures and is easy to learn—and massaging baby will help you develop the loving touch you already possess!
Choose from three formats for your baby massage Vancouver class:
- One-on-one sessions at Soma Studio
- Private sessions at your home
- Group baby massage party – one parent hosts a class for friends who also want to learn
Infant Massage Benefits
Infant massage benefits are both physiological and psychological for baby and parent. Regular baby massage:
- Enables bonding between parent and child
- Helps the parent learn how to comfort baby
- Increases the parent’s confidence in caring for their child
- Improves baby’s muscle tone
- Improves baby’s digestive, circulatory and respiratory functions
- Helps baby relax and encourage better sleeping patterns
- Increases stimulation to the nervous system
Infant massage is suitable for all ages of babies, but it’s best to start massaging early. Babies can be as young as two weeks old.
Learning how to give a therapeutic infant massage will help you bond with baby.