Smythe Ratcliffe's tax team consists of 12 full-time tax professionals led by Bill Macaulay, Bob Sanghera and Tom Morton. Together these Partners have almost 65 years of tax experience. We pride ourselves on our solutions-oriented approach that is the result of our technical expertise and experience.
We assist clients with a broad range of tax planning and compliance services including:
- Corporate and personal tax planning
- Estate tax planning
- Assistance with Canada Revenue Agency audits, disputes and objections
- Planning for the purchase or sale of a business
- Cross-border tax planning for inbound and outbound investments
- Assistance with investment tax credit claims for Scientific Research & Experimental Development expenditures (SR&ED)
- Assistance with mining, oil and gas ventures, including flow-through shares
- Compensation and benefits planning, including stock options and tax-deferred plans
- Succession planning
- Tax return preparation and review
- Work closely with skilled consultants to provide our clients with expert HST advice.
Smythe Ratcliffe is a member of PKF North America and PKF International Limited network which connects us to more than 245 member firms in 125 countries worldwide. We work closely with our PKF affiliates in the United States for US income tax planning and tax return preparation.
Our clients are individuals, owner-managed businesses, public companies, trusts, pension plans and partnerships. Our clients operate in all industries, predominantly:
- Import / Export
- Real estate, construction and property management
- Car rental
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- CRA Income Tax Liaison Committee (ICABC)
- Vancouver Board of Trade
- British Columbia Technology Industry Association (BCTIA)