Estates and Trusts
We all know that property accumulated during one's lifetime will eventually be transferred at some point in their life, or after their death. Estates and trusts are two of the ways by which individuals can transfer their wealth. Here at Smythe Ratcliffe we understand there is a growing need for this type of specialized expertise and are able to provide accurate, timely information and services.
Estates and trusts have specific requirements and involve applying different concepts than other areas of accounting. We have a great deal of experience with private and family business enterprise, and pride ourselves on providing a complete range of tax services for estates and trusts.
Our team of estates and trusts professionals has over 30 years of experience addressing the individual needs of our clients and providing the specific services they need with regards to estate and trust planning. Our areas of expertise include:
- Minimizing estate taxes using an estate freeze
- Minimizing probate taxes using alter-ego trusts, joint spousal or common-law partner trusts, or other planning techniques
- Mitigating double taxation exposure using post mortem planning
- Assisting executors/executrix or trustees in the administration of estates and trusts
- Preparing financial statements for estates and trusts
- Preparing date of death returns and other optional returns
- Preparing trust income tax and information returns for inter-vivos trusts or testamentary trusts
- Advising on charitable giving including the use of private foundations
We are here to help you with all your estates and trusts questions and inquiries. Our knowledge and experience will make us an asset for all your tax and accounting needs.