The word physiotherapy is derived from the Greek words phusis (physio) which means ânatureâ and from therapeia (therapy) âhealing.â Physiotherapy today is a form of natural healing assisting the bodyâs own powers of recovery and regeneration.
Physiotherapy keeps you moving
Whenever injury or movement dysfunction affects your physical fitness, mobility or independence, physiotherapy can help.
- is primary health care in British Columbia
- does NOT require a doctor's referral
- is a non-intrusive, cost-effective choice for managing your health
- provides a diagnosis to identify the injury or dysfunction
- uses various rehabilitation techniques to alleviate, correct and prevent acute or prolonged pain or movement dysfunction
- helps you reach your maximum function, strength and movement potential, whether you're able-bodied or disabled
- involves you in setting your own treatment goals
- encourages your independence through education
The physiotherapists at Salus Physiotherapy Clinic are university-educated manual therapists with decades of combined clinical experience. We are licensed, registered professionals and adhere to the highest standards of practice. We assess and treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions that affect the whole body, from the tip of the toes all the way up to the top of the head, including the Temperomandibular joint (TMJ).
Whether your injuries are acute or chronic, new or old, sports related or life-style related physiotherapy can be a key component to your healing process and to helping restore good health.