What is Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic is a healing discipline firmly grounded in science. Although its main focus is the relationship between the skeleton (particularly the spine) and the nervous system that runs through it, chiropractic is concerned with the care of the entire body. Chiropractors use various diagnostic methods, including - rays, to discover the state of your health, paying particular attention to your spine and bone structure. Spinal manipulation and other manual adjustments are their primary methods of helping your body heal itself.
The word chiropractic comes from a combination of the Greek words "chiro" and "praktikis," meaning "done by hand." "Treatment by hand" was an accepted form of therapy in ancient Greece. Hippocrates, who is regarded as the founder of medical inquiry, made the first recorded references to spinal manipulation. 1995 marked the 100th anniversary of the evolution of modern chiropractic. In recognition of this milestone, centennial celebrations were held across Canada and throughout the world. Canada Post issued a commemorative stamp in recognition of the centennial of the profession, and to honour its Canadian Founder, Dr. Daniel David Palmer.
We utilize a variety of methods to treat our patients. Chiropractic manipulation is safe and effective in treating many joint problems. In addition, we also utilize electrical stimulation, heat and other modalities to help you feel better without drugs.
We provide custom made orthotics and shoes for patients. Many conditions such as foot pain, knee pain, back pain, diabetes, heel spur, plantar fasciitis can be treated by orthotics.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
Laser Therapy or LLLT uses laser and red light to help reduce pain, decrease inflammation, promote new blood vessel growth, increase tissue repair, promote nerve axon growth and nerve cell regeneration as well as healing fractures. Laser Therapy achieves these healing properties by promoting an increase in energy level in the cell, increase in the Nitric Oxide Pathway and increase in the Lipid Absorption Pathway. What does this all mean? Laser Therapy helps the cells repair faster and is painless.
What kind of conditions can Laser Therapy treat?
- Sport Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Tendon Tears, Muscle Tears
- Ligaments Sprains
- Mencius Tears
- Labrum Tears Contusions and Hematomas
Massage Therapy is an effective approach to pain management and rehabilitation. Massage Therapy is effective in treating and providing relief for a wide range of conditions such as migraine headaches, tendonitis, arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, sports injuries, as well as many other common conditions related to soft tissue.
Overall Health Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Massage therapy and bodywork increases blood circulation thus enabling the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- A therapist can render massage that stimulates the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer!
- Help in releasing endorphins, the body's natural painkiller.
- Help in recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Contributes to shorter labour and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, and shortening hospital stays.
- Can relax tense and tightened muscles. Massage therapist often render massage to treat low-back pain and neck pain.
- Reduces overall stress. It helps the body's stress response by lowering levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.
- Massage therapy could also treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis.
Physical Benefit of Massage Therapy:
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Rehabilitation post operative
- Rehabilitation after injury
Emotional Benefit of Massage Therapy:
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Sports & Work Injury Rehabilitation
Our staff is trained and have a back ground in Kinesiology to help you get back on your feet to your favourite sports and your job.
Insurance Info: MSP Premium Assistant $28,000 or below have 10 visits per year, co-pay required. ICBC, WCB and DVA (Veterans) accepted, and most extended health insurance accepted.