Pacific GeoInfo Inc - services
satellite, Mapping, Satellite Imagery
Since the advent of Earth observation satellites nearly four decades ago, the remote sensing application has shown more and more potential in economic development, as well as enhanced environmental monitoring and conservation, improved disaster warning and assessment capabilities.
High-resolution (1-4 metre) imagery from satellites can provide detailed representations of discrete objects such as roads, buildings, and large vehicles. New feature and object information extraction algorithm and methods, based primarily on spatial and contextual reasoning, will be needed for processing high-resolution satellite images.
Local environmental monitoring and assessment (LEMA) is a new area in geomatics. LEMA provides local environmental solutions through research in subjects such as change detection, linear feature monitoring, spectral and spatial characterization, vegetation indices, classification and landscape metrics. Activities such as algorithm research and development, application demonstrations, and technology that apply high-resolution digital data to solve local environmental issues are also the interest of LEMA.
Scientists are developing a variety of satellite data processing techniques for characterizing and monitoring landslides; terrain mapping; as well as lithological and mineral mapping. High-resolution stereo, hyperspectral, and image fusion techniques are being used in support of these geological investigations.
The integration of remote sensing data from multiple sensors (radar and visible, spaceborne and airborne) with topographic and geophysical data is an important tool for improving our understanding of structural phenomena. Our utilization of multi-band data of the Landsat Thematic Mapper™ sensor, combined with the topographic data of radar sensors are particularly useful in applications to solve geomorphological problems.
Wetlands are unique and vital ecological resources. Their existence is crucial to maintaining a balanced hydrological system and wetlands act as indicators of environmental health. Through monitoring wetlands, an improved understanding of the water balance and stability of the regional ecological system can be obtained.
Here are some application and services we can provide:
Mapping from satellite imagery |
- Information extraction from high resolution satellite images
- Extracting DEM information from stereo satellite data such as Spot, RADARSAT
- Geological mapping
- 3D visualization
- Ortho-image generation from satellite images
Local environmental monitoring and assessment
- Baseline environmental surveys
- Impact assessment of human activities and natural disasters
- Risk mitigation and impact mapping
- Environmental monitoring and change detection
- Crop condition assessment
- Deriving crop information
- Crop monitoring
- Crop identification and condition mapping
- Soil conservation mapping
- Precision farming
- Mapping and monitoring forest fires
- Forestlands management
- Mapping clear-cut
- Forest map update
- Wetland hydrology monitoring
- Flood monitoring
- Flood information management system
Land use and land cover
- Land use surveying from high resolution satellite imagery
- Biophysical measurements from satellite imagery
- Monitoring regional vegetation
- Dynamics of sea coastline
- Coastal zone data integration
, Satellite Imagery