Historically the firm's core business has been generated by the typically difficult to place risks arising out of the forestry industry, whether that be logging equipment of any description or sawmills big or small. Forestry business continues to be a significant source for us but we also write substantial amounts of business in a wide range of other classes.
Other insurance classes include:
- Any type of hard to place property whether protected or not
- Inland marine and transit risks
- Motor truck cargo
- Commercial vehicle physical damage
- Mobile equipment
- Liability/Casualty including USA (cgl, excess, umbrella, crime)
- Fine Arts/Jewellers block
- Various floaters
- High value homes ($750,000+)
- Overseas risks (Property & Casualty)
- Political Risk
Our markets are all first class licenced security. Although we use a range of niche markets, the large majority of our business is underwritten by Lloyd's, Chubb and AXA Pacific.
With each of these markets we do considerable business on an offer and acceptance basis, and have access to substantial capacity for both property and casualty. Limits in excess of $5,000,000 do not present a problem.
In addition we have developed a number of useful in house binders which are outlined below:
- General Property
- We have $2,500,000 of in-house binding authority
- Motor Truck Cargo
- We can write in-house most general cargoes, limit $300,000
- Logging Equipment
- We can bind in-house on policy limits of $4,000,000
- Auto Physical Damage
- We have authority to bind limits up to $1,000,000
Premiums and Commissions
On offer and acceptance business with our markets the minimum premium is $2,500. Under our binders the minimum is $1,000, depending on the facility used. We pay commissions to the producing broker of 10% or 12.5% depending on the nature of the business. We do not charge policy fees except in unusual circumstances.