Community Housing Studies
Many communities in BC are struggling to find ways of providing housing and health care for their seniors so they do not have to relocate to larger communities. Lumina Services has worked in many communities on studies that address the following questions:
1. What are the housing and health care needs of Community X seniors, now and in the foreseeable future?
2. What are the options for meeting those needs? Options could conceivably run the gamut from the construction of a new building to the conversion and/or reuse of existing buildings to the coordination of services to peoples’ homes.
3. What are the estimated capital and/or operating costs of identified options?
4. What is the affordability situation of Community X seniors and could the costs identified in #3 be absorbed by seniors themselves or would other solutions (eg subsidies) be necessary?
5. Given the information obtained in Steps 1 to 4, what is the preferred solution?
For a more indepth description of what we can do for your community please read Community Housing Strategies for Aging Populations: