“Investors-Aid Co-operative of Canada is just one of over 10,000 co-operatives and credit unions providing products and services to over 10 million Canadians.
Like all co-operatives, we are an organization owned by our members. Co-operatives can provide virtually any product or service, and can be either a non-profit or for-profit enterprise.
Co-operatives exist in every sector of the economy and can touch every aspect of our lives. There are health care, funeral, workers’, housing, retail, child care, and financial co-ops (credit unions). And now there is Canada’s first co-operative for investors.
We provide a distinct values-based, member-owned and controlled alternative.
Like co-ops the world over, Investors-Aid is guided by 7 principles:1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Member economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training, and information
6. Co-operation among co-operatives
7. Concern for communityMission StatementTo provide members education, publications, online tools, and discounts that help ensure low investment costs and fair returns to its members.
All members will participate in the Co-op’s success through dividends and/or credits.”