With a dramatic increase in the number of surgeries being performed, more surgeries being done on an out-patient basis, and shorter overall hospital stays, there is greater emphasis on self care after discharge.
At Highbury Surgical Recovery, we can help you back to health by providing customized, confidential post-surgical care that assists you in
- Managing pain
- Dealing with nausea
- Detecting early signs of infection
- Promoting healthy circulation
- Emptying drains, and
- Changing dressings.
Our critical care and recovery room RNs specialize in providing post-surgical care, including care for those following plastic surgery. We make critical assessments and act quickly to prevent complications.
Highbury's services include:
- Pre-operative assessment
- Meeting you (or your loved one) at the hospital or surgery centre
- Filling your prescriptions
- Picking up drugstore items or groceries
- Transportation from hospital or surgery centre to home or hotel
- Monitoring of vital signs and blood sugar as required
- Administering Rx and OTC medications
- Wound and drain care
- Consulting with your surgeon, discharge nurse and pharmacist
- Providing updates to your family and friends if requested
- Arranging mobile spa treatments to help with relaxation and well being
- Follow-up within 48 hours after discharge from Highbury's care
- Arranging transportation and accompanying you to follow-up appointments with your surgeon
- Arranging transportation and help checking in at the airport if you're traveling.
If you need a homemaker or ongoing palliative or convalescent care from a nursing assistant or registered practical nurse, we would be happy to refer you to a reputable health care provider.