The development, maintenance and expansion of infrastructure is central to enhancing our quality of life and improving the health and economic growth of our communities. Both in Canada and around the world, governments at all levels are striving to deliver efficient infrastructure services while balancing their budgets and managing or paying down public debt.
Increasing concerns related to congested highways, overcrowded hospitals, deteriorating schools and inadequate water and sewage capacity fuel the need for improvements that relate as much to the relationships between private and public stakeholders as they do to the buildings and roads themselves. In many jurisdictions, there is a growing appetite for innovative solutions that support public initiatives with private sector resources and expertise.
The Gowlings Infrastructure Group delivers broad industry experience gained from our active participation in a number of key infrastructure and public-private partnership (PPP) transactions and financings. We draw on the expertise of our national network of professionals within complementary practice areas to deliver effective and strategic advice to a range of industry participants and stakeholders.
Working with project developers and managers, equity partners, financial institutions and governments, Gowlings' Infrastructure Group provides a suite of effective services including:
- Negotiation and management of construction and project management agreements
- Government relations
- Planning strategies, approvals and advice
- Site assembly and management of environmental issues
- Financing, including private placements of debt and equity
- The implementation of exit strategies, such as public financings
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Tax strategies
- Design and management of procurement processes