Vancouver's Allan McGavin Sports Medicine Centre
Allan Mcgavin Sports Medicine Centre
Massage Therapy, exercise, injuries
Early management of injuries reduces recovery time!
Proper assessment and an understanding of your specific needs are important to an effective recovery program. Each of our therapists is expert in the use of one or more treatments. We work as a team to provide the best healing techniques required for an individual who is passionate about their sport and lifestyle.
- TPI Golf Movement Assessment **NEW**
- This is a movement screen that was designed to detect movement pattern errors that can cause specific swing faults. The goal of the movement assessment is to identify areas of the body that are deficient in movement and or stability. Once an area has been identified an exercise regime will be prescribed that will work toward correcting the deficient movement. This assessment will provide valuable information that can be taken back to your PGA professional and allow them to drastically improve your swing. The benefits of the movement screen and subsequent movement corrections are many fold. They include improved mobility, increased stability and more efficient movement.
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Pain, loss of strength, or loss of range of motion can prevent an athlete from maximizing his / her performance potential. An athlete needs to stay healthy and pain-free to play at their highest level.
- Post Surgical Rehab
- Surgery is a trauma to the musculoskeletal, circulatory, respiratory and nervous systems. Rehab with the help of an experienced physiotherapist ensures a risk free return to activities.
- Manual Physiotherapy
- Involves hands-on techniques using manipulation and mobilizations. A manipulation is a skilled, quick movement of small amplitude applied to a joint. Mobilizations are repetitive, gentle, and rhythmical passive movements applied with graded amplitude to joints. The purpose of both manipulation and mobilization is to relieve pain, and to restore proper movement and function to restricted joints and associated soft tissues.
- A therapeutic method used to encourage natural healing, reduce or relieve pain and improve function of affected areas of the body. It is safe and effective and is often successfully used as an alternative to medications.
- Treatments to help stimulate tissue healing, reduce pain, reduce swelling, and restore normal muscle function. Treatment can involve Decompression Tractions and Electrotherapy
- Massage Therapy
- Massage involves acting and manipulating the patient's body with pressure (structured, unstructured, stationary, and/or moving), tension, motion, or vibration done manually or with mechanical aids. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints, or other connective tissue, as well as lymphatic vessels, and/or organs of the gastrointestinal system. Massage can be applied with the hands, fingers, elbows, forearm, and feet.
- Exercise Therapy / Personal Training
- Exercise therapy focuses on a specific part of the body in order to relieve symptoms and improve function. Specific stretching, strengthening, and stabilization exercises are a critical part of the rehabilitation process for most musculoskeletal injuries. Continued exercise is an important component of injury prevention.
- Osteopathic Treatment
- An approach to healthcare that emphasizes the role of the musculoskeletal system in health and disease. Tensions or stress prevent the body from functioning at its best, causing symptoms such as aches, pains, and imbalances. Osteopathic techniques help to remove these stresses.
- Bike Fitting
- Individualized optimal positioning of cyclist for maximal comfort and performance. This is important to stay injury free during cycling.
- Gait Analysis
- Gait analysis is used to help athletes run / move more efficiently and to identify posture-related or movement-related problems in people with injuries.
- Athletic Taping
- Taping and bracing injured joints and body parts protects those areas from further re-injury and allows for an earlier return to activity. It provides support to a weakened area allowing faster return to the game.
, Massage Therapy
, sports physiotherapy