External Theft: over 108,000 commercial buildings were burglarized last year.
Internal Theft: an estimated 40% of business theft involved employees.
Pilferage is ~$5-10 billion/yr and white collar crime is ~$44 billion/yr.
Workplace Violence: 2 million people are victims of workplace violence each year.
Security and loss prevention advancements, such as access control, help to minimize these risks by enabling companies to regulate access to their facility by people on the outside, and also limit employee activity on the inside.
Managing the security of your facility requires much more than simply limiting entry. Sonitrol's access control system gives you much more:
- Eliminates the expense of re-keying or changing locks
- Reduces user/employee-caused false alarms
- Limits access to sensitive areas
- Provides detailed entry and exit reports
- Reduces the need for on-site security personnel
- Locks doors on a programmed schedule
- Allows for temporary access by visitors and vendors
- Decreases your liability and risk
Access control can be totally integrated with our alarm system, as well as with HVAC and lighting systems.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011